DVD Creation

What kind of programs do you guys use for DVD creation? I know that if you purchase Vegas 5 that it includes DVD Architect...but what happens if you have another program? What kind of other DVD creators are there out there?

My HP came with free sonic software for its DVD burner and I like it 10 times better then the free one with Vegas.

But neither of them offer a way to make animated menus. Well.. maybe Vegas 5 version does. I have an older version of vegas.

I use DVDlab Pro. Great program that I'm just starting to build really slick DVD's with. My short has 2 commentaries, outtakes, trailer, etc. and motion menus with menu transitions.

DVDLab is supposed to be the easiest to use for creating motion menus. Sonic Scenarist is what all the "pros" use for Hollywood stuff.. but the price tag clearly states that. ;)

I use DVD Studio Pro 3. It not too difficult to learn, and it can produce some really professional results...but you have to have an Apple (I mooch off work).

Last edited:
Walter_Smidge said:
Ulead DVD workshop 2 ... I recently made a batch copy of a stage show for the cast using this program, and it worked really well allowing us to do almost anthing we wanted!

I used this before and didn't like it. The end product was good, but I had some trouble with the interface not functioning properly. I had some cases where it wouldn't do what I told it to do, and I had to cut&paste Text fields from the templates because it would let me create my own.

Back