Proposal to the Board: Supporting our troops

I'm only gonna be able to contribute some monetary donations here ... all the companies I've been talking to for various resources seem iffy and I doubt any of them will donate anything.

Gee, I'm glad I'm a better director than I am a fundraiser.

Poke

WOW! It seemed like Christmas today. First in the regular mail I got Chris movie and CD artwork. Thanks Chris for both! SP I'll be PMing you soon about printing and all that.

Then UPS comes to the door with 2 boxes! Low and behold it's all the DVD cases from John and Christmas cards and 50 blank DVDs from Zen! WHOA! Crazyness!! :cool: Thanks alot guys to everyone that has given so far.

Now I'm all set to get started on the DVD. Just waiting for those shorts to come in... :coffee:

alright... what's the status on the button to donate... Do you need more addresses?
Carlos is back from his mission and he can give me a bunch of addresses from all over Iraq and Afghan.

I will be sending a CD with some files for hopeful submission... :yes:

Last edited:
Yes Things are going really good with this. I'll have a full update on this later in the day. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving holiday. :) I got your film Chalk, got Poke's film...I'll have to look and see who's else's I got. :P Full update coming later in the day...

The Paypal button is still broke. If you want to PP me donation money, PM me and I'll give you my info. If not, just send a MO into the address. :)

YO!

I just sent some $$ to you via PayPal

also a CD is in the mail with a couple things... Sent it USPS so it should be a couple days.

Has it all been confirmed? The movies and such?

Update!

Important: This is the last day you can get films in! Cut off day is today. :D

First here are a few pics that I took before Thanksgiving of the stuff I have now...
Troopsupplies.jpg

dvdstackemhigh.jpg
Whoa...easy easy...

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving Holiday. I know I haven't updated in awhile, but I've been very busy. I've started to work on the DVD with the shorts I have now. We have about 10 shorts. And they are, Bark and Sometimes by Poke. Hippie Highway by Derek Rimelston. Finger by Bophe. Psyched Out and Tech Support Blues by Scott Virtes. Dark Deception by Vegas. The Last Horror Film by Justin Albertini. and a few of mine. Some people are from the boards some arn't and I'm still waiting on getting a few shorts by atleast Thursday. [Zen you around anywhere? ]

Chris I can't get your movie to play for some reason. I'll PM you about this soon.
We're about up to 200 dollars for postage now. Thanks Coot for your donation as well.

Well I think that's it for now, just wanted to update you all with what's going on. Back to work now...

Last edited:
YO!
HTTK, I just got!(WAIT! I hate that word GOT! so...) I just received an email from Carlos. He gave me a big list of names and address. I don't know if you need any but let me know.

How are things going.. I can imagine you are SWAMPED!

Yes but that article is talking about not addressing this to individuals. WE ARE... at least I think we are sending packages to individuals.

We sent a gigantic package to my friend. it had a 4 track HD recorder, Mics, and other recording equipment. BUT then again, it was addressed directly to him.

I know a couple soldiers out in Iraq that will pass out these CARE packages to other platoons/soldiers. Just let me know if that's what you want. I have about 20 to 25 names and addresses now.

So what IS the plan?

Can i buy a DVD for $5? Maybe at the start of the year when you are less hectic - but I can Paypal you just about anytime.

Also let me know if you guys do this again - I think its a really nice idea and everyone seemed to follow through on!!

PM or email me.

naverdolquin said:
Can i buy a DVD

No you cannot buy a DVD. I know the thread has now gone to 10 pages but this was discussed earlier on.
There can be no sale for these DVD's due to rights issues. :no:

I've been extremly busy with this. Things are coming along great! Vegas, yeah that won't effect us, as we are sending them to direct people over there. No Worries. :)
Also this DVD is not for sale at all. Sorry. It's just to help the troops in this time of need. I'll update you guys more in the next few days. Back to work...

Back