• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Zombie Comedy Short - animated storyboards

Hey guys,
Thought you might get a kick out of some storyboards I've put together for my next short that I plan to shoot later this month.

I'd like to do this for all of my shorts as it was quite simple and it kind of stands on its own.

lemme know what ya think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uqPAmVVr40

bez

Heh, nice planning with those storyboards. :cool:

Thought the final punchline was pretty weak, but enjoyed the rest. :)

Shooting this month? In Los Angeles? What's your crew lookin' like, atm? :bag:

Yea the puchline is weak, but I think if you build tension when they are both looking at the bat. Then BAM!!! Out of no where she cracks him in the head. That might work a little better.

Last edited:
Great pre-viz, Bez. I'm not much of a zombie fanboy, but as an exercise in pre-pro, this is an effective way to iron out the production ahead of time and get your team on the same page. Good luck with it!

Baaaaah! That's exactly what I was thinking in regards to the ending. On paper I liked it but once we put some voice to it...it felt weak. Though I've got some ideas to give it pizazz... My actress is a hilarious working actress and is an improv pro...so i think she'll be able to give it some "funny" as well.

Thanks guys!

We're shooting either at the end of this month or the beginning of feb...trying to iron out a few things.

My crew is looking weak. I have all my own equipment...I'm trying to lock someone down for sound. I have a dp. Him and myself will handle lighting. Still need someone to hold sound. It's going to be a controlled environment for sound so I should be fine to set the levels myself and have a friend hold. Got any recommendations?

We've done it before and actually gotten really solid results, but its so much easier with knowledgeable crew. I plan to start doing regular stuff for funny or die and would love to lock down a regular crew. We're doing mostly weekend and night shoots. Usually not more than a day for a 2-3 minute short. I have a friend who's been a casting director for 20 years (who wants to help with my shorts) that told me he could get me several bigger name actors that love doing the funny or die shorts for little to nothing. I'm a working actor myself as well as all the actors i'm bringing on so I want my prod quality to be great.

I like the fact that this is a zombie short without the usual thing of actually showing the zombies. I love it when when a common set up is taken and a new spin is put on it. great job.

thanks...the only zombies I plan to show will be animated at the beginning a la comic book style animation. I'll do an 8-12 second introduction. With opening credits. Very stylized.

thanks...the only zombies I plan to show will be animated at the beginning a la comic book style animation. I'll do an 8-12 second introduction. With opening credits. Very stylized.

ah, that sounds so cool. lol. right, only show what's neccessary. I hate it when people show an army of zombies just for the sake of showing them, and they don't serve any real purpose for the story. I don't really make storyboards when I animate [because I usually change things as I work too many times for it to actually follow something], but I really like this.

Back