• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short 3min Film now online

Overall, I think you did a good job. I liked it. I thought it was fun and definately showed a style all your own (which is importaint to me).

I don't have any major comments because I think overall it was done well for the short I think you were trying to do.

pika

:lol: Hey thanks Pikachu.

Yeah, it was one of those things that seemed to turn out nicely im particularly pleased with the nice shot of the sun rising, cos that was shot on trusty old 8mm camera, but looks really nice :)

Nice work. A simple, well-executed idea. I thought your dissolve transitions were very effective and beautiful to look at.

Hi, Thanks Craig. Glad you liked it.. I love the shot of the sun rising.. on the rushes a split second after that I pull out and you see a cop car pulling up. Someone had reported seeing 'a gang' burying something in a field.. funny that... :lol:

Ill try and get a qucktime verison online but im running out of webspace.. if anyone knows a good place to get some more let me know.

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

I liked the camera work in your short and the mood of it worked very well. I felt the story was lacking, though. I was waiting for a punchline, I guess, but it just seemed a let down at the end. I guess the final scene is what doesn't work for me. The rest was quite well done, especially the driving scenes...

- Mike.

I also liked the look of it and the music but there wasn't much of a story. I'd like to see what you do in the future though.

I agree I was expecting a twist like it being the family dog or somthing but it was done nicely. Good shooting though!!!

Yeah, what was in that bag?

What was in the bag? Was it Marsellus Wallace's soul? That's what it was, wasn't it? I knew it!

Seriously, good camera work, but I'm gonna have to go with the theme here, I need an ending.

Poke

Hi guys thanks for all the feedback.

This was originally made for an assignment at uni, it was one of the first things i did. We had to show how we could use local areas in a film, so the premise was to have these guys drive around different locations looking for somewhere to dump the body.

I take on board all your comments about the ending, Im currently filming a short film now so when thats up you'll have to check it out :)

Cheers,

Colin

Hiya,

Theres all kindsa different ways depending on what your going for, its something ive been playing with for the past year or two on and off.

First of all theres no right and wrong, its just what looks good to th eindividual eye, secondly.. lots of experimentation

You can tweak the colour, saturation and contrast levels in whatever software you use, you can deinterlace it and motion blur the frames in after effects to take away a bit of the sharpness that dv has.. or just dd a soft gaussion blur to take the edge off.
you can use plug ins like digi effects or magic bullet.. (which take ages to render and are expensive)

I also read in a thread somewhere tips from a guy who had to put dv onto the local tv station and came up with a process called INSTANT SEX cos it looked so much better. (i forget his name but credit goes to him)

It innvoles getting a clip and copying it so you have 2 layers of the same clip... on the bottom layer increase the contrast and saturation.. it will look awful but its meant to you. Then adjust the transparency of the other clip.. to between 50-80 percent.. that will bring the detail back and get rid of the washed out look that dv footage can have. Only trouble is the settings for contrast, saturation and transparency will be different for every clip so again theres no set way to do it.. just what looks good to your eye.

Basically you need a lot of time to play around with the different settings.

Any of this help you?

Back