• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Behind the Nine" trailer

Here's the trailer for an indie film I worked on in Atlanta last year.

http://www.behindthenine.com/trailer.shtml (streaming)
http://www.behindthenine.com/trailers/Bt9_trailer.mov (download)

Feedback is welcome (constructive feedback, that is :) ). I'm good friends with the writers/producers/director and I can pass along some suggestions. I realize the trailer is a little too dark on some computer monitors. We're going to try to lighten it up in the next go around.

I also designed the website for the film. Check it out:

http://www.behindthenine.com/

- Mike.

I can't believe that no one has reply to this yet. :shock:

I really liked the trailer. I like the mood they have set up with the lighting and such. Very nice. Kinda that cool night-jazzy type of setting. The look and feel of the website is very nice as well. Easy to get around. ;)

Thanks.

Thanks for the comments on the trailer. Hopefully, the film will be making the festival rounds soon. Keep on the lookout for it!

- Mike.

Damn! NICE trailer! Very slick... I like it! It definitely draws you in.
I'd love to see the film. Is there a chance it will screen at an LA festival?

Such a tease

Man what a great teaser. It started off so slow, I was thinking it wouldn't amount to much. But after the "break" everything was terrific. I would definitely like to see this movie. If it ever makes a fest appearance near Austin, let me know.

Poke

Very Nice

Hi. Just watched the trailer and i thought it was great. Ive seen a few on here before and people give it all 'oh yeah thats great i loved that shot' and then you look and it's pants. However, this was good. Very well shot, great music to set the tone, looks like some good actors in there and girls kissing. Hope there's a chance to view it all the way over here in England. Good luck.

Re: Very Nice

Hull Film said:
Hi. Just watched the trailer and i thought it was great. Ive seen a few on here before and people give it all 'oh yeah thats great i loved that shot' and then you look and it's pants. However, this was good. Very well shot, great music to set the tone, looks like some good actors in there and girls kissing. Hope there's a chance to view it all the way over here in England. Good luck.

Thanks for the kind words....that includes everybody.

And thanks to Mike for putting this up here.

I'll be on these boards some too and I'll definitely update everybody (if) when the distribution starts happening...cross your fingers for us.

Thanks again,

Martin Kelley
Director, 'Behind the Nine'

www.behindthenine.com

Re: Very Nice

martay said:
Hull Film said:

Thanks for the kind words....that includes everybody.

And thanks to Mike for putting this up here.

I'll be on these boards some too and I'll definitely update everybody (if) when the distribution starts happening...cross your fingers for us.

Thanks again,

Martin Kelley

www.behindthenine.com

Welcome Martay!

Trailer

Liked the footage in the trailer!!
My only critisism is this:
When i watch a trailer at a theatre i get the general idea about what the movie is about, i really didnt get it.
Im assuming however that its about a game of 9 ball where the winner gets 500K.
I didnt really understand the part about the body bag in the begining or the partying and the guns.
I would guess that in a typicle game of 9 ball there are rules and im not understanding what all the guns and violence are about.
Are these guys trying to kill each other off so they win the pool game?
I could see a movie about trafficing drugs for 500K or something involving the violence and guns but 9 ball hmmmm, id like to see how this story pans out.
It looks like you were stearing away from the drug running theme because its been done so many times but i think that drugs instead of 9ball would have been more interesting.:)

Re: Trailer

Guerrilla said:
malinusmaximus said:
i think that drugs instead of 9ball would have been more interesting.:)

Then it would be 8-ball :lol:

8)

Actually, I did indeed stay from drugs as it has been done so much (even in previous scripts I've written). We thought that a 9-Ball tournament was an interesting setting for a story about people wanting to steal money. Hence, the shadier crowd that a 500K prize might entice are the ones scheming to get the money.

The tournament is an 'underground' one and obviously attracts a certain underworld crowd.

Glad to pique your interest though, hopefully we'll be able to get the film out in the near future.

Thanks as always for the comments,

Martin Kelley

lmaf

sweet man we just rewrote that filck with 2 posts, lol :lol:
(this post is a direct response to martays comment)
The trailer is cool!

congrats on being selected for the MEIC spite!!!!

Ambition Withdraw is playing there too!!! so is my friends film Greater Southbridge. We should hang out and party!!! (to party is to promote ya know)

Jason

Got yanked before...I guess not specifically a screening room item...so for those who missed the trailer before (http://www.behindthenine.com/trailer.shtml) check it out or check out these screenings...

'Behind the Nine' has been invited to screen at the Midwest Entertainment Industry Conference's (MEIC) 2003 Film Festival. The festival takes place November 13-16 in Lexington, KY. 'Behind the Nine' will screen at 6:15pm on Friday Nov. 14th at University of Kentucky Student Center Theater. If you've got friends in Kentucky, let them know about the festival and 'Behind the Nine'.
Film Schedule for MEIC found here: http://www.midwestentertainmentconference.com/Films.html

'Behind the Nine' has also been invited to screen at another film festival...Saints & Sinners IV Film Festival on December 6th in St. Petersburgn, FL. The festival is a one day event in downtown St. Pete...more information can be found at the festival's website http://www.renegadefilms.net/festival.html
So Tell all your west Florida friends to come on out.

More information about the film can be found at www.behindthenine.com

Cross your fingers for us.

Thanks,
Martin Kelley

Back