It's my dream, my passion, my want in life.

Welcome Grasshopper!

I'm one of the audio guys here.

Always remember:

"Sound is half of the experience"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Old man, how is it that you hear these things?"

"Young man, how is it that you do not?"

That sounds like a heck of a lot of films you've been watching.

What exactly do you want to do as a "filmmaker"? It's a pretty broad term. :)

That sounds like a heck of a lot of films you've been watching.

What exactly do you want to do as a "filmmaker"? It's a pretty broad term. :)

Oh yes, I have watched quite a bit.

I want to become a director. Honestly though, I'd be happy if I was a stagehand working onset as long as I can be apart of a film.

Do you think we'll be in Vegas by midnight?

Baby, we'll be up five-hunny by midnight. We're goin to Vegas, baby. VEGAAAAASSSS!!!

Hi and welcome! :)

I'm currently saving up for a Canon EOS 7D - - Is this a good idea?

I own a Canon 7D and think it's phenomenal! Really, really like it!

That said, if I had it to do over again I'd have to take a hard look at the T2i.

Granted, I'm speaking only about video capability. (I don't even use the 7D for stills.)

Yes, the 7D is well-built and feels substantial, which I like. But you might just want to check out some 7D vs. T2i video tests and read more about that. From what I gather so far, there's really not much difference to speak of in that department.

All in all, I don't totally regret getting the 7D over the T2i (and I got the 7D early on, before the T2i had a lot of publicity), but thinking I could have had a comparable camera (again, video-wise) for half the price.

Well...

:)

7D is great but unless you're doing photos, you're better off getting the 550d as it's about the same spec for video and much cheaper.

I am looking for a video camera that is a video camera, not a still camera. So, would the T2i really be my best option? Could I hear from you guys why it's better instead of having to read a bunch of mumble-jumbo online? Thanks.

I am looking for a video camera that is a video camera, not a still camera. So, would the T2i really be my best option? Could I hear from you guys why it's better instead of having to read a bunch of mumble-jumbo online? Thanks.

Pros of DSLR

Cons of DSLR

I know you said you don't want to read anything (;)), but here's your answer. From the local DSLR-dude, Cracker Funk.

That should seriously take care of 99% of your questions about DSLR cameras for shooting films. But please post if you've got more questions after that.

First the T2i is a DSLR. Consequently, you wouldn 't want it. Second, why would you ask the guys here to retype

a bunch of "mumbo-jumbo" they have already typed, multiple times, on this forum?? Don't be lazy. Go up to the

search option and do a.....search. Camera comparisons have to be one of the better documented subjects here.

Back