Canon 5D Mark II Rigs

Looks great! But you need to sort out your white balance on those photos ;)

Couple of questions: what brand is the matte box/where did you get it from? How do you focus with that lens and a matte box (the focus ring's right on the end, right?)? How on earth do you manage to use the screen with that stabiliser in the way? :)

Looks great! But you need to sort out your white balance on those photos ;)

Couple of questions: what brand is the matte box/where did you get it from? How do you focus with that lens and a matte box (the focus ring's right on the end, right?)? How on earth do you manage to use the screen with that stabiliser in the way? :)

What do you use for follow focus?

To both questions:
1) I got the mattebox from a UK website (www.inidikit.com) but their sales team has taken it down while they wait for new ones to come in.

2) I am in the process of getting a 17-40mm L IS lens for use with a follow-focus and rail system from the same website, however, for now I only have my little 50mm Mk2 lens. It is difficult, but I can still partially focus with the mattebox on. However, if I am doing a dynamic shot, I will have to remove the mattebox for altering focus between fore/back.

3) For the hand stabailiser, I have a 7" Lilliput HD Video Monitor I use for my feed on a side flash bracket. I got that from www.videogear.co.uk.

The other thing missing is the 126-LED hot-shoe mounted light, I have a flash straigh bracket extender for that.

Back