• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Lose Control" - A Zombie Music Video

Hi.

Just wanted to submit a link to a Zombie short-film/music video that I wrote and co-directed. I'm primarily a musician and songwriter, but with the completion of my bands debut album, I wanted to take a crack at doing a video for one of our songs. I was fortunate enough to be working with some experienced people, and am generally happy with the way it turned out.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPnG6m48RgY

Comments and such are always welcome.

Pretty sweet. Nice camera movement. And I like the high energy. I'm not so sure that the music and the video match each other, in tone. But I like the video.

I am running a song off right now and could only watch it without sound and I think this video could work well if you treated it like a real film and did film sound to it instead of a song.

It's quite good.

I like the aggressive camera moves and that first dolly shot with the mom and daughter walking to the car.

I personally think you went a bit conservative on the blood splatter on the camera at the end, though :) MORE.

Even though it's full of zombie cliche, ie. locking yourself out of the car, it's still good. Agree with

Cracker about the music matching the vid. And in the end she gets what she needs.....A Ford

Truck Man. :)

So, it sounds like the three of us are unanimous -- the visuals a great; the music doesn't match; if you took ROC's suggestion, and completely re-did the audio, you'd have a pretty sweet short. I know you intended this as a music video, but you could re-shoot a different video that fits the music better, and use this video to make a cool short.

Are you sure you're primarily a musician? You know, you're pretty good at this filmmaking thing.

Thanks for the all the feedback guys. Some useful suggestions. From a film perspective, I guess I could go back and change the music and re-release. From a band perspective who has released a music video - well, it's a little too late :)

Film/editing is something I seem to have an eye for, and I may get into it more after this music thing runs it's course. For now, I'm happy to be able to do a bit of both. by the way, there will be a few more works coming down the pipeline before the year is out. You're welcome to subscribe to the youtube channel if you don't want to miss them.

The steady shots - well it was a talented guy with a little industry experience, and a steadicam.

Last edited:
Wonderful video, looks like lots of work, concur about the song not matching though, and also concur about the wonderful way it was shot, including that opening shot of the mom n kid going to the car, had to go back and watch that one again! Really cool

Back