View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 05:52 PM   #96
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

OOOOOKAY this is going too far
Dan Harmon, showrunner of rick and morty, apologizes to former subordinate comedy writer

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/da...cid=spartanntp

Quote:
"I know we're not supposed to attack our allies, but seeing my former abuser go after HW is a real trigger. Hey, bud. I once told you I didn't feel comfortable working at your home, just us two, and you said, 'Relax, Ganz. I'm not gonna rape you,'" she wrote.
...and? Being an asshole of a boss has absolutely nothing to do with sexual abuse or Harvey
What is going on here? What a confusing article

Quote:
"It took me years to believe in my talents again, to trust a boss when he complimented me and not cringe when he asked for my number. I was afraid to be enthusiastic, knowing it might be turned against me later," she wrote. "I want to watch the first episode of television I wrote again without remembering what came after. Figure out how to give me that relief and I'll return the favor."

Am I missing something?

Get in line if your boss hurt your feelings. Do you know how many millions of people have been used by companies then thrown out with the garbage? I've had my share of asshole bosses and I've been unjustly fired before but I don't go around playing a victim because of it.

We really are a culture of victims

Last edited by sfoster; 01-03-2018 at 07:15 PM.
sfoster is offline   Reply With Quote