• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Something to Be Desired: New Episode, New Site

Thanks Scott. That's what we're aiming for. If we were getting progressively worse, I'd have to drink a lot more.

Or, you know, stop drinking...

Well, I finally got around to watching the first two episodes. I am extremely impressed. Very good stuff. I will be a regular viewer now. Can't wait to catch up with everyone else.

Poke

Thanks, Poke. I think we've come a long way since the first season, but I haven't watched the entire series from beginning to "end" yet myself. That's on the slate for a rainy evening someday in the future...

Hello, watched one of the later episodes. Liked it but I wish I could see the earlier ones, The links don't work anymore, If you have them anywere else , please post. The eposide that I did see was nice all around kept my intrested and was funny, nice camera work. I wish I had a deer head like that!

Toxzy

Thanks, Toxzy. Actually, the previous links to earlier episodes in this thread are only good for the first two weeks that the episodes are available. After that, their locations are moved on our server to our Members area. If you return to our homepage and click on the "Episodes" dropdown, you can navigate to any of the earlier episodes and watch them (for free!) as long as you "login" as a member -- i.e., provide a legitimate email address.

Which brings me to...

A new episode of Something to Be Desired is available!

Episode 8B follows up on the twists laid out in Episode 8A -- well, one of them, anyway -- as Derek Dockerty decides to check up on his wayward brother Dean. Of course, Leo has the same idea, which leads to a "meeting of the minds," so to speak...

The latest episode can be seen directly at: http://www.somethingtobedesired.com/vp/video/ep2-8b.wmv (for Windows folks)
or http://www.somethingtobedesired.com/vp/video/ep2-8b.mov (for MAC folks).

Or, you can visit http://www.somethingtobedesired.com and login as a member -- FOR FREE! -- and catch up on all the episodes you may have missed.

Let us know what you think!

I think this is the first post I've made since the format changed. I feel like I'm typing in a foreign nation...

As requested (well, it's inevitable), the latest episode of Something to Be Desired is now available!

This episode clocks in at around seventeen minutes, making it easily our longest of the season. It splits its time between the DJs at WANT, who recieve some surprising news in the wake of Ray's rogue radio shift, and the Flicks on Bricks event that Karen and Alison attend, wherein Alison learns more than she wanted to know about The Wingman.

If you thought we were random before, we just crossed the line.

Again.

The latest episode can be seen directly at: http://www.somethingtobedesired.com/vp/video/ep2-9.wmv (for Windows folks)
or http://www.somethingtobedesired.com/vp/video/ep2-9.mov (for MAC folks).

Something to Be Desired is an ongoing video web series filmed on location in Pittsburgh. A new episode is uploaded every other Monday and is made available for free to all visitors. Archived episodes are available to registered members -- also for free! Stop by and let us know bwhat you think!

Need A Wingman... dot com

It's the American way!
smiley_patriot.gif

I predict that "Suicidal Gunshow" will be the hit of the airwaves... if Leo is a smooth enough talker. (Or re-labels the CD "accidentaly") :secret:

(Season 1 DVD, please)

Last edited:
Zensteve said:
(Season 1 DVD, please)

There are plans for both a Season One and Season Two DVD in the works. trust me; I'd like to see our work displayed in full DVD quality as much as the next viewer. :)

And there are plans for both Suicidal Gunshow and NeedAWingman.com, so keep your eyes peeled. I think you'll be happy with the results...

So Hurricane Ivan came and went, the remnants of which flooded Pittsburgh worse than we've been flooded in years -- seriously, some businesses and homes were under five feet of water -- and here I am, in my dry office, editing the latest episode of Something to Be Desired... Kind of seems anticlimactic given the state of emergency we're apparently in (why wasn't I filming Leo baling water out of the street or something?), but nonetheless:

Episode 10 of Something to Be Desired is now available!

This episode: Dierdre and Andy spend way too much time together as they're locked out of the Shout Magazine offices on payday. Meanwhile, Rob Sharp schemes to get Dean fired from WANT, and Caroline suspects there may be some serious problems in her and Andy's budding (dying?) relationship...

All of this, PLUS the return of Suicidal Gunshow to the WANT airwaves.

The latest episode can be seen directly at: http://www.somethingtobedesired.com/vp/video/ep2-10.wmv (for Windows folks)
or http://www.somethingtobedesired.com/vp/video/ep2-10.mov (for MAC folks).

If you've missed our prior episodes, feel free to join up as a member (it's free!) and check out over two hours' worth of archived episodes!

You know... that whole scene with "waiting for paychecks" and "hangman game" reminds me somewhat of "The Breakfast Club".

Kinda hard to describe... it's not chock-full of action, but there is still a lot happening. You simply had that really weird tension. Very cleverly done.

_______

SUICIDAL GUNSHOW
smiley_rock.gif

Keep up the good work.

It's like a soap opera for the modern age. I think you need more shots of people staring off into space after a dramatic line and ramp up the dramatic music, then fade to black. Just kidding. I think Conan O'Brian calls these "Did somebody fart" moments that happen just before commericals.

Scott

Steve: I never thought of the Breakfast Club comparison, but I think you're right. If Dierdre hadn't sent him packing, Andy may well have tried to dance...

Deadman: Thanks for the compliments. Anytime someone watches the entire backlog of episodes, that deserves some deep appreciation from me, especially since our archives are now running over two hours long. The DVD is in the works, intended for release near Christmas...

Scott: Modern day soap opera, eh? I guess we can't escape that comparison, no matter how many times my cast ducks the phrase "soap opera." I like to refer to us as the "Dawson's Creek" of the web, which isn't much better. Then again, Dawson and Joey were never allowed to swear or have sex on-camera, so we've crossed that line...

What Can I say I was hooked. Love your actors. Except the ones that are meant to be hated then I love to hate them. Great job. This is my third serial that I ahve been exposed to, but it is on top.

deadman27 said:
What Can I say I was hooked. Love your actors. Except the ones that are meant to be hated then I love to hate them. Great job. This is my third serial that I ahve been exposed to, but it is on top.

Thanks! I'm sure my actors will enjoy knowing that someone appreciates their work.

I'm pretty sure each of the characters takes turns being either the hated or the sympathetic type. No one's ever really an antagonist for long.

Except maybe Leo...

Back