View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #12
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

Yeah i screwed up that title. I'm not sure if it was the article I read or my own confusion of the TWC abbreviation.

New article
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...ir-stories/amp

Here are some more details.. this story led to the resignation of four members of his company’s all-male board.

There are at least 13 women that are making accusations

Three women use the word rape

"In an audio recording captured during a New York Police Department sting operation in 2015 and made public here for the first time, Weinstein admits to groping a Filipina-Italian model named Ambra Battilana Gutierrez"

"Four actresses, including Mira Sorvino and Rosanna Arquette, told me they suspected that, after they rejected Weinstein’s advances or complained about them to company representatives, Weinstein had them removed from projects or dissuaded people from hiring them"

"Multiple sources said that Weinstein frequently bragged about planting items in media outlets about those who spoke against him; these sources feared that they might be similarly targeted. Several pointed to Gutierrez’s case, in 2015: after she went to the police, negative items discussing her sexual history and impugning her credibility began rapidly appearing in New York gossip pages. (In the taped conversation with Gutierrez, Weinstein asks her to join him for “five minutes,” and warns, “Don’t ruin your friendship with me for five minutes.”)"

Some really messed up stuff. There are detailed stories about the rape accusations in the article.

In his defense

"Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein. Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances. Mr. Weinstein obviously can’t speak to anonymous allegations, but with respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr. Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual. "
sfoster is online now   Reply With Quote