View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #20
GerryLovesU
Basic Member

Animal Kingdom 10/10. This is the best Crime Drama I have seen in a while. A female character in power*(Jacki Weaver's character)*definitely offers a different dynamic from the more typical crime family. Such great character development too. Very impressed with David Mich˘d in his feature film debut. It would be tough for Jacki Weaver to win an Oscar for this role given her opposition, but I hope she at least gets the nomination, as she did at the Golden Globes. *

Justified 8/10, the first season. Sort of a contemporary cowboy action series.*Originally aired on FX. As far as I know, they're signed on for second season. It's Adapted from Elmore Leonard's stories Pronto, Riding the Rap, & Fire in the Hole. Timothy Olyphant is great as Raylan Givens. Gotta love the no bullshit approach to justice.

Virginity Hit 7/10. I originally found out about this movie from some posters on the subway advertising a "hotline for virgins." That makes me sound really cool. Anyways, long story short, I think this movie is hilarious. Reviews were not great, but you have to keep in mind what you're dealing with: a teenage sex comedy. It's not supposed to win Oscars, it's supposed to be stupid and hilarious - which it is. Produced by Will Ferrell and Adam Mckay. Also has an AMAZING cameo by Rock N Roll GREAT and former Creed frontman Scott Stapp. I shit you not.
GerryLovesU is offline   Reply With Quote