• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

"Arc" accepted into the FAIF Film Festival!

Just received word tonight that "Arc" is an official selection of the FAIF Film Festival to be held October 9 - 13 at Mann Chinese 6 Theatres in Hollywood. The welcome letter/info is very complete and organized - if the entire festival runs like this suggests, we're in for some fun! (www.magicalfilmfest.com)

"Arc" screens later this month at the Temecula Valley International Film & Music Festival. We'll be showing Thursday, 9/15 at 5PM, Saturday, 9/17 at 1PM, and again Sunday, 9/18 at 5PM. (www.tviff.com)

"Arc" will be the first film opening this fall's Mini-Cinema Film Festival, September 23 and 24 in Fairmont, West Virginia. (http://www.justinc79.showchoir.com/mini ... events.htm)

In October, "Arc" will have it's Western European Premiere, as it screens at the Girona Film Festival in Girona, Spain. It's in the "Open Screens" portion of the festival, which means it will not be in competition, but will be running occasionally on screens around the festival, and will be available for people to watch at their leisure. (http://www.gironafilmfestival.com/)

Also, I will be seen on L.A. local cable, on a show called "Sooner or Later" with Carl Bradley and Buzz Belmondo. It's a fun spoof of a talk show, totally improvised, that I recorded with a comedian friend of mine who plays Carl Bradley, a former network executive, bitter with the system, who chucks it all behind to host a local cable talk show. Buzz was not available. It's a fun show, and will air on ComCast Friday, September 9 at 9PM and on Adelphia Cable Sunday, September 19 at 10PM.

If you watch it, just remember, I was told to go with anything "Carl" threw at me. And I did. At one point, I boast that I could have made 'Titanic' in seven minutes, eight tops, and still have it end as every Hollywood picture should end...with Leonardo DiCaprio sinking to a watery grave.

And of course, "Arc" will be screening this Thursday night, September 8 at 10:15PM at the LA International Short Film Festival. We're part of Program 32, "Voices In Your Head." (www.lashortsfest.com)

Hope some of you might be able to make it to a screening sometime!

steve gelder

'grats on getting into TVIFF! :cool:

Bastard! Probably took my spot :
smiley_mickey.gif

I'll be catching it down there instead of Arclight, then.

Parking is much easier at the Temecula location, plus it's about the same drive from here... with less traffic. :cool:

The TVIFF is a really neat fest.

_______

Speaking of Titanic endings... I heard there was an (original) alternate version shot where the couple lives happily ever after. :)

Zensteve said:
Speaking of Titanic endings... I heard there was an (original) alternate version shot where the couple lives happily ever after. :)

Similar to the Simpson's where the kids find the alternate ending to Casablanca (Rick shoots Hitler, he and Ilse stay together)? And the Killing Spree ending of "It's A Wonderful Life"? :lol:

Thanks, Guys!

zensteve, you've been to TVIFF, I take it - any tips? Or, any tips from anyone who's attended and cares to comment?

othersteve

Back