Introducing myself

Hi all,
I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself.

I've been interested in film and television since I was a kid. I'm starting my film career a little later in life than most, but better late than never.

So far I've made 3 short films and hope to make it as an independent filmmaker. Currently, I'm working as a media editor for a church. Also, I'm writing a new script and a couple of books. My greatest problem is learning how to focus on one project at a time.

I hope to make many good friends here and learn a lot about filmmaking.

Blessings to all.

Welcome Grasshopper!

I'm one of the audio guys here.

Keep in mind that the search function is your friend. Everyone here is always very glad to help you out, but a lot of the "basics" questions have been asked and answered many times.

And always remember:

"Sound is half of the experience"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Old man, how is it that you hear these things?"

"Young man, how is it that you do not?"

hello esther

I am also new to this forum and am also interested to make some great contacts in this field. I am an aspiring film composer still looking for my first film to score. Welcome to the forum

Hi Esther and fellow NY'er. You look like you have a lot on your plate going on. I, on the other hand, cannot say that I have a lot on my plate. Like others, i too look forward to meeting some great contacts! Welcome to board. I, too, am a newb here :)

Jona

Thanks for the welcome all.

I would think that having the editing process down would fast track your knowledge of filmmaking. As they say, "Movies are made in the editing room." Welcome.

Well, I'm relatively new to editing. I'd still call myself a beginner. Mostly I edit interviews for the church, but I did the editing for my 3 short films.

I'm not too great at lighting, I need help desperately when it comes to conversions & HD and I've got so much more to learn.

Alcove Audio,
Thanks. I'll make sure to use the search feature.

Hey Filmcompserdf,
Where were you when I was looking for a composer last year? ;) I just worked with a NYU student who was looking to compose for his first short film. This is the only the second time I've worked with a composer, but I think the score came out pretty well. Do you have a link to something you've composed?

Jona,
Glad to find a NY'er on the boards.

Hello Indietalk members, I just joined this evening. Have shot and edited documentaries for 25 years, now retired, moved to Wilmington NC and starting a film making business. Will buy the Canon 5d soon. Blessings to you

Back