- About FantasySciFi
- John M
- Indiana (formerly, Las Vegas)
- Screenwriter, Actor, AD, Light/Sound, and Other as Needed
- I've worked for over 20 years with digital media. I've taught college courses in digital media. and have worked with 2D and 3D development. My work as instructional designer as included scripting and development of educational materials.
I have a few projects as actor and extra for TV and film. I also have helped write, direct, and/or act in educational and in-house training videos. I've done some voiceover work. When not in front of the camera, I'm often behind the scenes assisting with sound, lighting, production assistance, script supervision, camera operator or directing.
- I have written a two-hour pilot and seven episodes of my fantasy/sci fi series. While it is in review, I continue to look at other venues. I have several other screenplays that I'm working on that vary from fantasy/horror to crime/action to real-life drama. One that I'm particularly pleased with is a ghost story. I have a few shorts. I have a 48 HFP project (writer, AD). I'm co-writer on a rom-com in pre-production and a sci-fi webseries. Recently we debuted our webseries . I am always interested in collaboration.
- Favorite Film(s)
- I enjoy most fantasy, sci-fi, and horror genre films. My prime interests are in TV and feature length scripts. Though I love well conceived animated features. Toy Story--brilliant. I love the simple beauty of animated shorts. Smart horror often with a dark humor, not so much gore/blood/torture.
- Favorite Director(s)
- Lucas and Spielberg are at the top but there are many more depending on the genre.
- Other Interests
- I enjoy writing, research and teaching. To me, if you want to tell a good story, you need to read and watch good stories. I love older works.
I enjoy writing. I try to bring some of that playfulness and curiosity to my characters. I've had the opportunity to see some great performances live. I also dabbled with my dad's old Super 8 camera, acted and improvised, and directed a short stage production. But my heart really lies in telling a good story. So I frequently go back to classic novels to see how words can be used powerfully with effect.