special effects prop

I need to glue a LOT of popcorn onto a large canvas so it can be draped over a manakin and look like we buried someone under a ton of popcorn. So far contact glue will soak into the canvas but not adhere the popcorn. Hot glue will be too slow because it has to be done on the location set (transport problems) and we only have about 2 hours for 2 PA's to do the job. Any suggestions? I am going to try several more typesof glue tomorrow. Hoping to be able to spread the glue quickly and dump a LOT of popcorn on it and smash it down to dry in the outdoor sun.

Help.

Last edited:
What about needle and thread? you can't find a working glue... popcorn chains work well with needle and thread and I think if you're fairly careful they transport well too... that could either be sewn onto the canvas, or possibly it would glue on better than single pieces. Just a thought

I used to make popcorn chains for the Christmas tree and found that only very old popcorn would not break if jabbed with a needle. Time consuming for the amount of popcorn needed.

#M not only makes #77 but also a foamspray #74, but it seems harder to find. Goung to Michael's and Joann's this morning.

WC

Back