The movie

Last I heard CVF was pulling crews together and asking people to submit scripts -- so it's still on.

It's just that the script development isn't happening as a group, here. Individuals are pitching their finished scripts to CVF, who will then hand them out to the crews that he's got on for the actual production, for them to decide what they want to do.

Of course I could be wrong about part of or even all of this -- but this is my current understanding.

This porject got very confusing...and it seems like INDEPENDENT filmmakers cant really participate unless their in a group? Is that correct..or am I still not understanding lol... I know writers could write but for other things

Well, "independent" doesn't mean solo, or alone. Making a movie like the one CVF proposed is much like any production - it takes a group effort. I think you're right, Jack. Independent filmmakers can't make a movie unless they're in a group.

One of the main hurdles I see in a project like this one is getting the group on the same page. We see people lose interest if their ideas aren't embraced. We see people balk if their methods of operation aren't adopted.

That doesn't happen on traditional film projects. For example: when I make a movie, I hire a writer and then start hiring actors and crew, everyone knows I'm in charge - that it's MY project.

On a project like this - when "WE" make a movie - we all want equal say. No one is really "in charge". And when someone does take charge, someone gets disappointed.

That is VERY true.

When everyone comes together to colaborate on a project, a foundation shold be set. Who is doing what and what are the responsabilities and EXPECTATIONS of each persons position.

If it's not layed out in the beginning, it won't go to far.. You'll have a film project with 10 producers and nobody else because everyone wants the power position.

I agree a hundred and ten percent. I know CVF had this all planned out already and he told me its updated on his website but I havent seen an honest, up to date, roster of who and what everyone is doing. Get back with me.

One of the main hurdles I see in a project like this one is getting the group on the same page. We see people lose interest if their ideas aren't embraced. We see people balk if their methods of operation aren't adopted.

That doesn't happen on traditional film projects. For example: when I make a movie, I hire a writer and then start hiring actors and crew, everyone knows I'm in charge - that it's MY project.

On a project like this - when "WE" make a movie - we all want equal say. No one is really "in charge". And when someone does take charge, someone gets disappointed.

Sorry Rik, but that isn't what happened in this case.

This is and always has been CVF's project -- he's the producer and final say has always been with him. This was all agreed right from the start.

I have disagreed with this method of operation -- I still do -- but that's not the reason that I'm no longer participating.

My involvement from the start was only to help with the story development thread -- now that's folded, there is no role for me. If you go back over the threads you'll see I made it clear from the start that I didn't have time to either write anything or get involved in production.

The writers involved in that thread all have the option of submitting scripts, and I don't know of anyone who has dropped out because their idea wasn't adopted.

Last time I looked everyone was still on board.

My guess is that they are either working on scripts or they're waiting for some kind of lead as to what's happening next.

As far as I'm aware I'm the only person who was involved who has stepped away.

I have stepped back due to some disappointment with the lack of organization, various examples of poor communication, and a feeling that this project might be a bit exclusionary. All reasons cited by Coot and Clive and others. I have a great deal of experience working on creative teams, playing a variety of roles. And I've never been a 'quitter.' But I have a lot on my plate with projects that are rewarding and moving forward.

I was only ever interested in throwing random ideas into the development process, but I would have (have) pulled out because I have no idea what's going on, and it seems like the project became less enticing when the development "went dark". Instead, I'm going to construct a backpack out of aluminum foil and twist ties and run around the city in the heat, filling it with meats. Hopefully the heat will cook the meat enough; hopefully this film will take off. But I have my priorities.

The meat-filled aluminum backpack.... hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, spatula. OK, so what happens after the meat gets cooked? :lol:

What I'm seeing are all very good, very valid reasons for dropping out. It seems you three (clive, Media Hero, Spatula) dropped because of lack of organization and communication. That's what I said, " One of the main hurdles I see in a project like this one is getting the group on the same page."

Working over the internet and across country lines is considerably more difficult than a creative team working together in person. Even a once a month meeting over coffee makes a huge difference.

What I would love to see is a creative team of people from all over the world who can put aside all the inherent problems and work to make a project happen.

Just to be clear, so there isn't another misunderstanding, I respect each of you and your decision. You have made exactly the correct choice. I have been involved in several projects like this over the years. None of them have worked. I just keep hoping us creative types could actually work out the problems and make it happen.

Is the project dead? If so, this forum will be deleted, and posts moved out. Thanks

What I would love to see is a creative team of people from all over the world who can put aside all the inherent problems and work to make a project happen.

Me too. Only problem is I'm over committed at the moment.

Just to be clear, so there isn't another misunderstanding, I respect each of you and your decision. You have made exactly the correct choice. I have been involved in several projects like this over the years. None of them have worked. I just keep hoping us creative types could actually work out the problems and make it happen.

I do believe it's possible -- it'll just need serious managment and I think it would need someone with a high level of experience in running international productions and project managment.

I respect each of you

Right back at you! :)

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been gone from the online world for a week- moved, got sick and still have no dsl at home yet. ARGH! I have not dropped from the project and am indeed proceeding with a script. Whether that script ends up with Kane I don't yet know. The 'blackout' of sorts that seemed to happen two weeks ago is disturbing. When I brought it up on the other thread- he seemed to think I meant to quit. I reiterated my interest in the project and although I have considerable experience in several areas and small experience in many others, I have not been tapped to do anything on the production end.

I say all this before reading anything that's occured on the other thread in the last week. :) I could be wrong. ;)

Hey guys. Sorry about me not being around for a while. Had some really dodgey things happening with my line or something to do with my broadband connection, just got fixed (i hope its the last of the problems!) and its the first time i've been on the net for something like over 2 weeks :( Ill read all the new posts and get back to y'all!

Cheers, Kane.

Last I heard CVF was pulling crews together and asking people to submit scripts -- so it's still on. It's just that the script development isn't happening as a group, here. Individuals are pitching their finished scripts to CVF, who will then hand them out to the crews that he's got on for the actual production, for them to decide what they want to do. Of course I could be wrong about part of or even all of this -- but this is my current understanding

Pretty much right again Clive :)

I agree a hundred and ten percent. I know CVF had this all planned out already and he told me its updated on his website but I havent seen an honest, up to date, roster of who and what everyone is doing. Get back with me.

To the posters saying this type of thing, where they dont know whos doing what and so on, i had a roster up on the website, but as previously said, when people don't get their ideas used, or arn't on the same page, they stray away from the/this project. They may not of fully drop out, but the info/input they put in is consideratly less, which makes it difficult for me to do a list. People were continually going on & off, and it was never really a good 'confirmed' list, so its pretty hard at this stage to have that. Ill have to get onto this pretty damme quickly!!!

I have stepped back due to some disappointment with the lack of organization, various examples of poor communication, and a feeling that this project might be a bit exclusionary.

I am sorry you feel it's a bit exclusionary. It's not my intention. I think the answer i said for the quote before this one explains this a little. And add to that i have never produced a project such as this over the net with people i dont know what they can contribute. I have very better face to face communication skills. So maybe i havent been the best possible producer so far, and i say so far, but i hope i & we all can learn different things from this project.

I have not dropped from the project and am indeed proceeding with a script.

Great to hear Lilith :)

Contempovision Films said:
And add to that i have never produced a project such as this over the net with people i dont know what they can contribute. I have very better face to face communication skills.
I don't think anyone has. And that's the problem. And challenge, isn't it?

Back