Help: Importing mov to Flash

Hey everyone,

I am trying to import a mov file into a flash document so that I can display the movie as a flash file.

The import process seems to work okay. flash detects that a mov file has been added to the library. It asks me if I want to automatically adjust the timeline to accommodate the full length of the video. Everything appears like it should work. But whan I publish and preview the file, I get nothing but a blank screen (and silence).

The help docs say that I should be able to preview the video by scrolling out the timeline -- but I do not see anything.

Can anyone offer any ideas as to why I am not getting the video/audio properly, and how I can fix this?

I am using Flash Studio MX.

Thanks!

John

this is what i learned, if there's audio, it will not sync up well if you do an 'embeded' to stage.

Also, if your mov is 720x480, then you must adjust the flash movie to be 720x480 or it will just appear 'part' of it when you publish it.

What version of flash you using?

This is how I did mine:

import the video to stage with flash 8 or later, it will ask you some info like what is it for, streaming or download, or progressive, etc. then it asked for speed and so on.

After that, it should be on the layer.

Oh, btw, after messing around with it, I gave up and decided to use youtube.com cause they can do flash video quickly and nicely :) without sync issue and they gives you the html code to get it embeded to your site. :) (and no bandwidth hog)

thanks for the reply, Johnny. I am using the MX version. It doesn't really have a number, but I believe it is equiv to v6. I did go through the same steps to import the video. and I did get something on the layer that was the same dimension as the video I imported -- so it should be there, and it should work. Only the object that sits on the layer is empty.

Back