IPOD as a presentation device

I dont know if anyone here has posted a thread regarding this, but if they did, then go ahead and merge th is.

I was thinking the best way to show off your films to the Big Wigs is to do it on an IPOD. It would be alot easier then carrying around a laptop.

anyone agree? Also, Does anyone own an IPOD with video display? I want to know if you can put your own videos on it without having to buy stuff online.

Just curious. Im sure quicktime could do it. If so, I think an IPOD is the best way to show off your short films.

Personally, I don't think having a meeting with "Big Wigs" carying a little 3" screen of your film would be too beneficial.

If we were selling the same film to the same people, and I walk in with my laptop or portable DVD player, and you walk in with your 3" player. Who do you think they would take more seriously?

Now if you hook the video iPod up a projector or something like that, then it would be cool.

If your meeting is with 3 "big wigs" how can each person see the same image and hear the sound on a tiny screen?

I have a video iPod and you can upload your own movies as long as they are rendered in the VERY specific iPod format.

That said, it works better as a personal viewing device than a presentation device. Even if you output it to TV, which it supports, the resolution is akin to VHS or less. It's simply not worth it.

I don't know any "big wig" that doesn't have a DVD player in his office, so I usually just carry around a DVD screener of whatever it is I'm showing. I did this the other day using just a QT file burned to DVD and played it back on the Big Wig's office Mac.

CootDog said:
Personally, I don't think having a meeting with "Big Wigs" carying a little 3" screen of your film would be too beneficial.

If we were selling the same film to the same people, and I walk in with my laptop or portable DVD player, and you walk in with your 3" player. Who do you think they would take more seriously?

Now if you hook the video iPod up a projector or something like that, then it would be cool.

If your meeting is with 3 "big wigs" how can each person see the same image and hear the sound on a tiny screen?

LOL. I guess you're right. IPODs should come with glasses that give your full field of vision. Like being at a IMAX theatre. Of course the resolution wouldnt be that great.

Beeblebrox said:
I have a video iPod and you can upload your own movies as long as they are rendered in the VERY specific iPod format.

That said, it works better as a personal viewing device than a presentation device. Even if you output it to TV, which it supports, the resolution is akin to VHS or less. It's simply not worth it.

I don't know any "big wig" that doesn't have a DVD player in his office, so I usually just carry around a DVD screener of whatever it is I'm showing. I did this the other day using just a QT file burned to DVD and played it back on the Big Wig's office Mac.

oops, I passed your post. OK. scratch last comment. didnt feel like editing it :D

Anyways, Even a 6 inch DVD player is kind of bulky to carry around. Im just saying if you came across someone who would give you 2 minutes of their time who works in the industry would actually be able to see your film if you always carried an ipod on you. You dont step out into the street and walk around with a DVD player. You never know who you might pass in the street and My point was, It would be more likely you have a movie of your stored onto an IPOD that you always carry around. Pretty soon it will be a personal viewer, Cell Phone, Organizer... etc that you carry around.

I didnt mean to suggest you going to someones office and bringing your iPOD in for a presentation. If I was going to do that, I would just bring him a DVD of my works.

Just came across this. I know its not new, but its alot easier to carry this around then a 6 inch DVD player. :)

elec_AccessoriesVideo_HeadsetsSonySony_Glasstron-resized200.gif

Last edited:
Back