• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Confusion!

Ok, i am using premiere pro 1.5 editing software and trying to "export to a dvd" however when i place a blank dvd into my dvd burner it says "valid media not found" and does not let me record.

I am now slightly confused and unsure of what to do? Any suggestions?

Hmm.. you're not trying to use a dvd+r in a dvd-r drive or something like that are you?

Or, do you have multiple burners on your computer? It might be that premiere is defaulting to the wrong one.

doing some research on this.. looks like a LOT of people have problems with the export to dvd feature in premiere.. (I've never tried it myself)

The most common solution is to do the dvd burning with another program. You can find free ones on www.videohelp.com

So, that being the case, I would export an Mpeg2 file, and then bring that into a dvd authoring program, and burn your dvd from there. This is basically my normal workflow.

Hooray! It now recording, thank you Mr.Will Vincent, "Airport 9/11" is now on dvd and distribution will begin as of tommorrow... I'm quite excited about this one!

Last edited:
Congrats..

Yeah, I don't know why they even have the export to dvd feature in there.. considering there is a seperate app in their suite for doing DVD authoring.. but, whatever, as long as you got it figured out. :)

Back