myspace anyone?

You know.. I never really appreciated myspace before. I thought it was a good idea, but poor implimentation. However... the more I use it the more it seems to grow on me. Well, I guess being on Robert Rodriguez's friend list helps a bit too :D

And I'm not the only one.. Knightly is, the Broken guys are.. isn't technology grand? :)

i created several myspace film profile for each of my film, and since they now can host film, it was much fun to post it up there, less bandwidth for myself ;)

Has anyone figured out how to bypass the squeezing of the mySpace "processing" for film? I'd like to post my stuff without it being squished into a tiny 320x240 window. I experimented with putting it in a .flv file to no effect.

it said you can't go mre than 200meg (last I remembered), as a filmmaker profile, you can showcase 4 films on your profile, then when you delete them from it, it seems to stay in their system and they can still access it (when they click on the video link).

Or you can just post by categories (I think they partnered with yourtube) it's very similar to yourtube.

J

...I'm on myspace so much I think I need an intervention :rolleyes: The film forum is only okay, though. There is ALOT of silly sniping from people. There are arguments and posts that would never fly here, thank God. Myspace in NO WAY can replace THIS BOARD. If I want real information, I come HERE.

On myspace you have to look through the garbage to find the good stuff, but there are some people who I can tell would benefit from this board. I have sent one or two people here because I thought that they would benefit and they seemed as though they would have something to contribute. Don't know if they did though.

I wouldn't mind adding you guys to my friends list if you are on there, however. I am trying to figure out how to use myspace as a way of getting the word out about our projects. If nothing else, there has got to be a way to advertise without 'spamming' on myspace....

-- spinner:cool:

MySpace annoys me a bit. Everyone has to stick a stupid song or video that drains your memory.

How did it become so popular? I mean, didnt MS and Yahoo have the same concept with their webpages? How did MySpace take off? Perhaps its nothing more then the Hip thing of the day.

besides song, I get annoyed when people post over 5 bulletins within 24 hours, it's just like attention seekers... but overal, I am addicted to myspace.

I am on myspace and Like some of the interaction of the people. I want to set my filmmaker profile up eventually.

I agree that it may be a fad. But it does have some networking things that others do not have. Like bulletin boards and groups that show up on your page.

my .02 cents

I also agree that in no way could it ever replace this place.

Ladd said:
I think I am going to use mySpace to experiment with raising completion funding for a DVD pre-sales campaign.

...the folks there have less money than the folks here. Everyone there is 15 years old!

....well, not everyone, but you get what I mean....:D

--spinner :cool:

The idea is to get several thousands of pre-orders for the DVD, and then use those pre-orders to obtain funding.

I always thought of myspace as a teenage thing too... but I did join two weeks ago at the urging of a friend . Sadly, I don't have many friends on there, and I haven't really spent too much time on it.

I agree that good networking is possible on there, so if anyone here at indietalk has a myspace, email me and I'll add you to my friends list! :D

Find me at http://myspace.com/tallrobert

As did I.. you might want to set yourself up for 'networking' with a few film related sections.. helps people find you and such.

spinner: Don't get me wrong, I was in no way suggesting that myspace is good for anything other than a networking tool... the real help/advice/etc is obviously here. :)

Back