Umm Where is the Zen

Well that's good news.

If you talk to him, you can tell him that IndieTalk.com is still up and running, and we were asking about him. :)

I'm glad he's still doing film work.

He ususally takes a break from the site around the beginning of the year due to his business being seasonal. But this has been a rather lengthy sabbatical.

Poke

I'm pretty sure it's card shop/factory. :) Wish he would come back to the boards as well. I sent him a Christmas card but never heard back from him. Hope all is well his way.

YO! Where is the ZenWeasle?

Is he just lurking in the shadows waiting to taunt us with another ITOOFC!?

I'm genuinely concerned though.

People take breaks from the Internet all the time. It's not unusual. Some people just disappear when they have to deal with the real world.

WAIT! Are you saying this isn't the real world! Oh my... Where am I?

Wait, I'm here, no I mean here, typing this. I can actually see my fingers typing. Oh my, It means I'm outside the computer. Look.. it's a couch, I'm sitting on it.. And there's a window with trees outside.

I guess we all have to spend time doing our real world responsabilities.... I mean if filmmakers don't save the world, who the hell else will do it?

You get your stuff done there Mr Zen Miser. I'll be here when you get back... Well come to think of it, I may be away for a while myself!

This is the portal into reality. all he has to do is pop his head in for 2 minutes and say "Hi", and tell us what he's up to :)

Anyways, I wanted to show Zen the project I've started up again. i was working on an animation and stopped for a while. Last year, i told him I wanted to borrow his voice.

here are some test shots. (i think i did earlier shots. This is 3D CGI models over a 2D background. but when in motion, it should blend in a little bit better. They're just test shots. I need to work on the smoke a bit.

Afterburn keeps crashing my computer, so I'm trying out partical combustion.

sskg.jpg

sf.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe we should start a new thread or PM since this is kind of OT...
but, it looks cool so far.. you used particles in MAX? don't forget the main thrusters in the orbiter burn too... Also, have you thought about using a skylight and light tracer? Render a frame and see how you like it.

Back