Sneak Peak - The Rapture

A photo taken during April 1st photo shoot, this is George Tutie playing Midael, a Chimaera who has wings that shoot out daggers (concept developed from several live action Anime styled films). This is the film I've been in pre-production since June 2005, principal photography is July 1-14 (2 units shooting simultaneously)

Many of local talents are involved plus friends from Boston, MN, Columbus, LA, etc. This is the project I was talking about that will be shooting in HD.

Teaser should be readied by begining of May. Enjoy

2.jpg

Midael launching

midael.jpg

Jonathan in prison
jonathan.jpg

Job before launching electrical energy blast
job.jpg

Military forces:
swat1.jpg

Military forces gets thrown back (cging the electric energy)
swat2.jpg

Last edited:
Coot :) that's what tease is about :)

for those tech-savvy, this is shot with 3 Canon XL-1 (2 XL-1 and 1 XL-1s), good lighting, great DP, 2 units simultaneously on 2 different scene, and a fun location to work at. Not to mention great cast that helped made this work, of course the wonderful crew :)

Teaser video will be readied by end of April, however, we might tease you more later with some 'footages' :)

I'd be interested in finding out what settings your DP uses for the XL1's and if there's anything they are doing special for lighting. Frame grabs look great.

Just basic settings, 0 gain, manual mod.

Lighting wise, we use gells, lights bouncing with around them, each scene got like 2 light sources, then fog. ;)

I have never seen my husband (the tall guy with the gun) look so HOTT!! Sexy and bad to the bone. :) This was so much fun to shoot. Now our cast/crew can't wait to get to principle photography.

I'm curious who you have working on this in Minnesota..

"Why wasn't I told about this? Who's in charge here?!" :D
ahh batman quotes

Will, sorry boss, next time, you will be the 1st in line, didn't know you are from MN :P

It's Jason Hilton (www.tumblemonster.com) he is bringing all his gear for wire-work stunts which are WAY profiessional than what I got :)

Johnny

More pic:

Dr. Gutierrez at Lab
gutierrez.jpg

Cat fight! Mia vs Ydnarb
catfight.jpg

Last edited:
Christine, the photos are from BTS, it's not going to be good to tease with that ;)

All, look at job's pic, now with some 'cg' into it :)

Looks like you have an interlace problem there...

Is that an image you did the VFX on, or was it the entire clip?

What app did you use?

Coot, oops, it was a screen grab that I forgot to de-interlace it with photoshop, now it's done, thanks for pointing that out. It's the entire clip that added the fx, and Tom Luhtala did that, as a first draft, he's adding some blueish color to it.

Back