• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Animated Feature Film - Additional Funding

I am currently 50% into the creation of an animated scifi feature film adaptation of a very well-known novel.

I picked the project for several reasons. 1) the novel is incredible & public domain; 2) the script is bizzare 3) I have over 15 years of experience in CG animation & multimedia production, so I could make it on my own and have it look pro and 3) I wouldn't have to go through the typical rigamarole to get the film started or finished.

I've now rounded the halfway mark. I'm seeking $50-$75k in additional funding to pay for a professional score, to increase the speed of production, and to pay for final marketing to distributors. It would also be helpful to team up with someone on the business end, such as a producer or production company willing to take it under its wing, if they had their own funding directly.

So far the film looks like nothing else out there. I have a DVD screener of the first 50 minutes, the trailer, my past animation work, and more available to interested parties (and/or a private download link). Please feel free to email me for more information. I look forward to hearing from anyone on the board.

ladd@laddehlingerjr.com

A little about me: In 2000 I co-founded the world's largest 3D-Internet Render Farm, ResPower, with over 4000 users world wide, from Sony to Paramount, from Germany to Hawaii. I sold my shares in ResPower in 2005 in order to pursue making this film. I also do 3D CG for various commercial and military clients.

Last edited:
Back