Cameras I use

I was cleaning out my closet and came across my old Toshiba SK F200. Out of curiosity, I looked on eBay and saw one just sold for 20 bucks. LOL, I payed like 1200 bucks for this in 1988. Its a great camera and still works.

Just wondering what (cameras equipment) most of you use.

a.jpg

My VHS Toshiba from the 80s
1.jpg

This is my first DV camera I bought in the late 90s with an IR filter for shooting in 0Lux.
2.jpg

My second DV camera I bought 3 years ago that has a 3CCD and simulated matte for a 16:9 look. the color on this thing is awesome. I didnt pay much for this, thanks to me returning an item several times and haggling the sales person for an hour.
3.jpg

My first HD camcorder. Again, I payed about half the suggested retail on this which suggested is around 3700 USD. Its half the size of the Sony HDR FX1 but only has a single CCD. The color is decent but doesnt record well in low light and has alot of light noise when you tape in low litted areas.
4.jpg

I've got a JVC GR-DVL820U, and old JVC VHS camera (which I'm donating to my kids school - they asked), an XL1s and I just lined up a Minolta Autopak 8s6 super 8 film camera (if anyone has any info on this camera, please PM me).

I started with Super 8 and have 6 of them. I have 3 16mm (one Super16). My first video camera was a Sony Hi8. I used it for 15 years until I got the JVC GY-DV500 and then the DV5000 which I'm still using.

I tried that HD1 and hated it. I just finished a feature with the HD100 and really liked it. But I'm going back to SD - HDV kinda sucks in post. I'll be renting HD if needed, though my next purchase might be the JVC HD7000.

It would be fun to pull out all the cameras and line 'em up for a photo op like you did.....

directorik said:
I started with Super 8 and have 6 of them. I have 3 16mm (one Super16). My first video camera was a Sony Hi8. I used it for 15 years until I got the JVC GY-DV500 and then the DV5000 which I'm still using.

I tried that HD1 and hated it. I just finished a feature with the HD100 and really liked it. But I'm going back to SD - HDV kinda sucks in post. I'll be renting HD if needed, though my next purchase might be the JVC HD7000.

It would be fun to pull out all the cameras and line 'em up for a photo op like you did.....

What was it about the HD1 you didnt like :(

Was it the grain under low light or was it something else?

Yeah, I keep my camcorders on my dresser and clean them every week or so. So when I pulled out the toshiba, I thought it would be funny to line them all up on my bed.

thanks for replying, guys.

As mentioned, All these cameras serve different purposes. The HD is used mostly for filming my kids now but I dont take it out much. Its more of an indoor camera for now.

the panasonic 3CCD is my main outdoor camera for good color quality. but if im just cruising around and wanna shoot stuff, I take that older panasonic.

The toshiba works but I have to use an external VHS machine because i lost the vcr cable that came with it. And the output for the cable is designed only for this camera so its not something you can find on the internet. its almost 20 years old.

It would make a really good security camera, I might rig it up for that. Only problem is, I have to change the tape every day or so. It has a 1 frame per 20 or 1 frame per 60 second mode. Perfect for filming time laps.

Back