Shooting "Live Evil"

I spent the weekend shooting the openings scene for the horror movie "Live Evil". It's the first outing for my Super-16 Eclair ACL and it mostly went well. (I did have one mag jam, as I'm still learning the finer points of loading the mags.) The shoot went well because I was surrounded by a great crew and cast. We shot in lovely Amboy, CA which is a deserted town in the desert. This is a great location with a closed diner and motel and numerous other empty buildings. It has been featured in many movies.

I wanted to give special thanks to Indie Talk's ZenSteve (aka Steve Richards) for acting as my gaffer. He was a huge help.

Scott

Thats awesome Scott. I wanted to take the time to thank you for allow us to view your "How to" videos. especially with showing us how to make inexpensive lighting, using a chinese latern and 200watt lightbulb.

Hope to see your film. Will you be linking a trailer?.

First, your welcome. I come from a long line of teachers, so that's why I share my knowledge.

I'll let people know when clips are available on-line.

Scott

Roy's Diner...

scottspears said:
I spent the weekend shooting the openings scene for the horror movie "Live Evil". It's the first outing for my Super-16 Eclair ACL and it mostly went well. (I did have one mag jam, as I'm still learning the finer points of loading the mags.) The shoot went well because I was surrounded by a great crew and cast. We shot in lovely Amboy, CA which is a deserted town in the desert. This is a great location with a closed diner and motel and numerous other empty buildings. It has been featured in many movies.

I wanted to give special thanks to Indie Talk's ZenSteve (aka Steve Richards) for acting as my gaffer. He was a huge help.

Scott
Stopped at Roy's Diner when I was a kid many times...

When I was about 19, I went through Amboy one night (early morning) at about 3:00 AM and it was all closed down... I couldn't believe it...

Scary as hell...

filmy

Ah, an Eclair. I got to shoot a shot on one at a dp workshop. Sweet camera. Luckily someone took a photo of me with it, so I'd have proof. :)

My Eclair seems like a friendly little guy. I love the Super-16 aspect.

I bought it for "Horrors of War" hoping to use it for 2nd unit, but it needed some tweaking before it was ready for duty.

Scott

Back