Promises Lost?

It has always been my belief that everyone has the potential for creating good (even great) work and that everyone has the possibility of redemption from less than stellar past examples.

Okay, that was a broad contention, so I'll whittle it down to filmmaking: I submit that Madonna could have been the next Barbara Stanwyck or Rosiland Russell. I think she had a shown a tiny bit of sardonic wit in 'Desperately seeking Susan' and *some* Buster Keatonish/Ms Manton(Stanwyck) slapstick in "Who's That Girl?'.

I still think the promise is there.

So, who do you all think never lived up to their potential and can still be *saved*?:D

I think in the right role and with the right direction the most unexpected people can give great performances.

I've always thought that there was a great straight performance to be had out of Dan Ackroyd.

MrFootballMan said:
mwuhahaha :D

I've had a few drinks tonight as well but fortunately I still make some sense :D

LOL!

Hey, many cast aspersions towards Cher, then she did 'Silkwood'... then 'Mask'...then 'Moonstruck'.

clive said:
I think in the right role and with the right direction the most unexpected people can give great performances.

I've always thought that there was a great straight performance to be had out of Dan Ackroyd.

Agreed. If Leslie Nielson and William Shatner can turn a younger life's work of mediocre dramatic performances into a later life of *some* absolutely brilliant, comedic roles, then why couldn't the reverse be feasible for a great comedic actor?

"I've always thought that there was a great straight performance to be had out of Dan Ackroyd."

I'm assuming you don't count "Driving Miss Daisy" as that performance.

In saying that, I'd love to see the David Hasselhoff and Madonna in a romantic comedy.

I think that would possibly be my dream movie.

p.s. I've had more drinks since my last post so I will rpobably regret this in the morning.

Another idea is to have Angela Landsbury and Dick Van Dyke team up and make She Wrote Diagnosis Murder, a crime caper where two non crime fighting citizens turns up and cause the crime, and then help solve it just to get praise and material for their respective books

Any Hollywood Execs want my number just drop me a line :D

Chewie above the line

mr-modern-life said:
Chewbackka. Never got a good role after Star Wars.

That language barrier is a bitch to deal with. Also the coughing up fur balls in the middle of a take didn't do him much good.

See I could see him doing Shakespear.

'Romeo, Romeo where art though Romeo.'

'Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhh'

Genius!

I'd say he's a lock for "Puck" in Midsummer Night's Dream. Might have to get his tights at "Men's Big and Tall", though. RRAAAAAAAAAAFGGGGGGGG!

I thought I was the only person who thought Keanu showed something interesting in Replacements! (aside from showing he cannot dance). I also felt he had some great moments in Johnny Nuemonic- loved his rant.

Believe it or not, I see Seth Green as someone who could kick some butt in a non-comedic role. Look what he did in Party Monster. My husband has a treatment for a dramatic role that has Seth written all over it.

And although we must disavow "Swept Away", Madonna has turned in a number of decent performances, not the least of which was Evita.

"And although we must disavow "Swept Away", Madonna has turned in a number of decent performances, not the least of which was Evita."

I still think Madonna's most memorable scene is the opening of Reservoir Dogs.

MrFootballMan said:
In saying that, I'd love to see the David Hasselhoff and Madonna in a romantic comedy.

I think that would possibly be my dream movie.

p.s. I've had more drinks since my last post so I will rpobably regret this in the morning.

Another idea is to have Angela Landsbury and Dick Van Dyke team up and make She Wrote Diagnosis Murder, a crime caper where two non crime fighting citizens turns up and cause the crime, and then help solve it just to get praise and material for their respective books

Any Hollywood Execs want my number just drop me a line :D

See, NOW you're just laughing AT me...drunkards laughed at Magellan, too, ya know.:P

But the burning question is, Why is Mr. Footballman getting plowed? When he gets over his hangover, perhaps he'll share. ;)

Back