Hey, new member

Hey, I just joined today as a premium member because I know I’m going to be on here a lot. I'm currently in the military with possibility of going to the reserves so I can go to school. My passion is Florida and Florida life. I have many ideas for a varied amount of films I want to make or at least work on. I have one idea that I have already got a group of friends together to make script. So if you have read this far you have realized I have no experience in anything.

I know everyone wants to make movies, and I understand that it's incredibly hard/risky. I know. I have been reading up on it for the past couple of months. Right now I’m reading "Breaking In : How 20 Film Directors Got Their Start" and I have three books on order for script writing. As of right now, only my friend Grahamy and I are doing the base work and putting the script together, but eventually there will be four people working on this project (or more who knows).

In my free time I am reading and trying to absorb as much as I can, but at the same time I am getting over whelmed with information. I don't really know what direction I should go in. I'm a comedy person. I love making people laugh and that's what brings out the best in me and my friends. So far we haven't done any actual scripted movies, just more compilations of parties and us being stupid. Turns out we love it. And now we are getting serious enough now to actually sit down and watch dvd's to see the extras, read books and well... search forums. Well, at least my friend and I are... but I know that if I move down we all will (I'm kind of leading this madness lol). Anyways, that's me and where I am right now.

Things I'd like to get from this forum...

Film School / Not to Film School
Great sources of inspiration
Have a great time

Thanks Everyone...

Welcome to Indietalk, Nutz, you nut, you!

You'll find plenty of good information here regarding all aspects of filmmaking...ENJOY!

Welcome, I would make sure to hit the books by steven katz "directing:shot by shot" and "cinematic motion", view the sample clips at www.hollywoodcamerawork.us and check out "digital filmmaking for teens" for a little kickstart! I was right where you are 4 years ago, starting to read and learn...lots of stuff online etc. Have fun with it.

Back