Poke Featured on Maia Entertainment's Podcast

My short film, "Sometimes They Come Loose," along with a dazzling one hour interview where I wax poetic about topics ranging from childhood dreams to crayon diplomas, is now available through Maia Entertainment's Filmmaker Commentary Series Podcast.

Go here to download (if the link doesn't work, go here and click on Weekly Updates/Filmmaker Commentary Series). Or you can find Maia Entertainment on iTunes or Yahoo Podcast (basically anywhere you can get a podcast).

Feedback on the interview (and film) is appreciated.

Poke

Last edited:
I actually subscribe to that podcast and saw your film two days ago. When it first came on, I was like... I've seen this before.... then I saw the title and knew it... I'll listen to the interview soon.

I take it yours was a phone interview? (haven't DL the podcast yet)

Mine was in person. Rick is a great guy and I truely hope I can make it to his festival this year!

CootDog said:
I actually subscribe to that podcast and saw your film two days ago. When it first came on, I was like... I've seen this before.... then I saw the title and knew it... I'll listen to the interview soon.

I take it yours was a phone interview? (haven't DL the podcast yet)

Mine was in person. Rick is a great guy and I truely hope I can make it to his festival this year!

Yeah we did a phoner. It was a really good talk, and you're right he is a great guy.

I subscribed to the podcast, but I can't seem to figure out how to get all of the past episodes...I even subscribed to the RSS feed, yet nothing. I want to hear all the interviews.

Poke

I love the "Couch Fu" short and podcast, very funny stuff...

I listened to yours, now I know more about Pokedom :hmm: Good Stuff!

Are you using iTunes to subscribe to the podcast? If so, you should be able to see a list of podcasts then just chlick the "GET" button and it will get the podcast and make it available to listen/view.:yes:

Sweet little interview there, Pokum. Dammit, I love that Texas accent. Any considerations for someone who wants to learn the dialect?

What a great little film! I find it reminiscent of logan's run, barberella or THX1138. Very scary futre, and gov't control experimental feel. Surreal colors were neat. I like the way the sink drain washed red to yellow as the water left.

Hey, just watched the film. That's a really great short. I can see why they wanted to feature it. Well done man.

Poke said:
Yeah we did a phoner. It was a really good talk, and you're right he is a great guy.

I subscribed to the podcast, but I can't seem to figure out how to get all of the past episodes...I even subscribed to the RSS feed, yet nothing. I want to hear all the interviews.

Poke

hi Poke, Congrats! What is podcast btw?

the biggest word of 2006

King Goldfish said:
hi Poke, Congrats! What is podcast btw?

A podcast is normally a small video or audio file in an RSS enclosure or "capsule". It's a way of delivering media.:yes:

ever hear of iTunes?

Podcasts are mainly found through iTunes, or listed through iTunes.

Podcast is the biggest word of 2006.:D

Last edited:
CootDog said:
A podcast is normally a small video or audio file in an RSS enclosure or "capsule". It's a way of delivering media.:yes:

ever hear of iTunes?

Podcasts are mainly found through iTunes, or listed through iTunes.

Podcast is the biggest word of 2006.:D

Yes, I heard of it and just found out what exactly it is. Thanks for letting me know. This is the place you purchase shows for your IPOD? like "Friends" or soap operahs?

There's a lot more content available through iTunes besides what Apple is selling. There's a bigger, better area (Podcasts) where anyone can try and list their content. iTunes reviews every entry request, supposedly.

Podcasts are awesome and the way of the future. it is huge this year, especially with the release of the video iPod. Huge I tell ya, uge.

Poke said:

Poke

Hey Poke,

Sorry you couldn't find the old shows. I went back and checked the feed and for some reason it's set to cut off at the 8 most recent shows. So I had to dig in and do a little work to bring back the old shows. I have a page set up on our site now to get to the old shows. The video for these is set to 640x480. I'm creating an RSS feed that will have all the old shows ready for download through itunes and into your trusty ipod video. Video for these will be 320x240 all audio interviews are mp3.

I'll have the RSS feed up soon for now if you want to check out most of the old stuff you can check out the link below...

Filmmaker Commentary Series 2005

Hope this helps and thanks again for the great interview.

Rick

Back