IQ test

http://uk.tickle.com/test/iq/start.html

Your IQ score is 122!
Insightful Linguist

You are gifted with the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind.

Insightful linguists can take complex concepts and articulate them to just about anyone. You have a gift with words and insight into processes and the way people think. These talents enable you to explain things clearly to people. Helen Keller is a great example of an Insightful Linguist. Blind, deaf and mute, she was still able to put things together in her mind and to understand complex ideas. She could do that because she was able to conceptualise ideas internally. Though she could not literally see, she had the visual and spatial skills necessary to understand patterns on an abstract level. She learned to read, write and ultimately became a writer on issues of social justice.

============

Just a little fun test I thought some of you may like. My inability to solve maths problems let me down :(

Pretty fun...

Your IQ score is 127!
Word Warrior

You are equipped with a verbal arsenal that enables you to understand complex issues and communicate on a particularly high level. These talents make you a Word Warrior.

Whether or not you recognise it, your vocabulary is your strongest suit -- use it whenever you can. Since your command of words is so great, you are also a terrific communicator -- able to articulate big ideas to just about anyone. Your wordsmithing prowess will also help in artistic and creative pursuits. The power of words translates to fresh ideas off paper too. Since you have so many words at your disposal, you are in a unique position to describe things in an original way, as well as see the future in your mind's eye. In short, your strengths allow you to be a visionary -- able to extrapolate and come up with a multitude of fresh ideas.

filmy

EDIT:

Today’s ranking of IQ scores was developed by Lewis Terman in 1916 as a way of categorizing intelligence levels. The ranking of typical ranges of IQ scores and what they mean are summarized below:

* Over 140 - Genius or near genius
* 120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
* 110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
* 90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence
* 80 - 89 - Dullness
* 70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency
* Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting... I wonder how this would stack up against a certified IQ test.... I'm not sure I trust my test results....

"Your IQ score is 142!

Visionary Philosopher

Your mind's strengths allow you to think ahead of the game -- to imagine or anticipate what should come next in just about any situation. Because you're equally skilled in the numerical and verbal universes of the brain, you can draw from multiple sources of information to come up with great ideas. The timelessness of your vision and the balance between your various skills are what make you a Visionary Philosopher.

In addition to your strengths in maths and linguistics, you have a knack for matching and anticipating patterns. These skills and your uncanny ability to detect the underlying blueprint of most of life's situations add to your visionary philosopher mind. Two philosophers who share the same combination of skills you possess are Plato and Benedict Spinoza."

Shaw said:
Interesting... I wonder how this would stack up against a certified IQ test.... I'm not sure I trust my test results....

"Your IQ score is 142!

Visionary Philosopher

Your mind's strengths allow you to think ahead of the game -- to imagine or anticipate what should come next in just about any situation. Because you're equally skilled in the numerical and verbal universes of the brain, you can draw from multiple sources of information to come up with great ideas. The timelessness of your vision and the balance between your various skills are what make you a Visionary Philosopher.

In addition to your strengths in maths and linguistics, you have a knack for matching and anticipating patterns. These skills and your uncanny ability to detect the underlying blueprint of most of life's situations add to your visionary philosopher mind. Two philosophers who share the same combination of skills you possess are Plato and Benedict Spinoza."
LOL. Who cares? You're a genius!

filmy

As a husband to a special educator who has to give out these tests for real, I can say with certainty that the testing methodology is flawed...but still fun.

Your IQ score is 138!

In addition to your strengths in maths and linguistics, you have a knack for matching and anticipating patterns. These skills and your uncanny ability to detect the underlying blueprint of most of life's situations add to your visionary philosopher mind. Two philosophers who share the same combination of skills you possess are Plato and Benedict Spinoza.

Interesting Knighly. Confirms what I suspects though. There's no way I have an IQ of 142! =) In any case, we have a lot of intelligent people on this board (though I hardly needed a test to prove that)!

Any chance you could elaborate? Aren't these things supposed to have a time limit or something?

Too bad you have to pay for the detailed results to see what you missed...

Very true. Doesn't the test go to 144 (150?) or something? Makes me curious what I missed.

Almost ashamed to admit...

Shaw said:
Interesting Knighly. Confirms what I suspects though. There's no way I have an IQ of 142! =) In any case, we have a lot of intelligent people on this board (though I hardly needed a test to prove that)!

Any chance you could elaborate? Aren't these things supposed to have a time limit or something?

Very true. Doesn't the test go to 144 (150?) or something? Makes me curious what I missed.
As a senior in high school, I volunteered (along with others) to take an official IQ test and the results came back with 135.

I guess I lost some smarts somewhere along the way...

filmy

Although I have not taken the 'Tickle' version of the test, I can proudly say that I tested at 149. My dad is angry about it to this day, because he's at 147. I say, as long as we function well, who the heck cares what number we're assigned? Most of you guys on here are obviously of above average intellect and can communicate in a largely sterile forum with wit and personality. That's all I need to know. :)

Back