Overnight! OMG!!!

Just watched Overnight last night, the story of Troy Duffy and Boondock Saints. This film is a must see for all aspiring film makers on what NOT to do.

Really essential viewing!

...I saw that film a couple of weeks ago. Just excruciating. Here's a guy, with everything working in his favor and what does he do? He shoots himself in the foot. It's as if he didn't realize that there are ALOT of people out there with ALOT of good ideas for indie films. If you are 'chosen', you need to be grateful at least a little bit.

...damn if I would call the head of Miramax(?) a c----------! I think I would call him 'sir'. Not that you have to suck up (I am REALLY bad at that), but you don't have to be disrespectful...

-- spinner :cool:

The saddest part of that docu was at the end when they took apart the bar Sloans. That place used to be a regular hang-out for me and my friends :(

In Troy Duffy's defense, he was always a bit full of himself, even when he was pouring drinks for a living.

Actually in Duff's defense my dealings with Miramax (in the UK at least) left me with a similar outlook. For about 6 months they 'developed' a script with me. And by developed I mean wanted to rip the heart and soul out of it and make a totally different movie.

Unlike Duffy I (and yes stupid now) walked away. I was 23. And yes I did regret that choice. I should have taken the money and ran. Oh well live and learn.

awesome movie, but very scary. I heard they cut out the worst stuff he said. but maybe troy's actually a nice guy, who knows, editing makes wonders, although most parts semmed pretty clear he was out of his mind.:rolleyes:

Yeah at the same time the directors of the doc didn't seem to be a big dufyy fan by the end and you kinda get the feeling some of it was slanted to make a point. That said even before this film came out he was untocuhable in Hollywood.

Back