Video iPod owners please step forward.

Hi,

I'm looking for some video ipod owners to volunteer to help me test the download and playability of my film on their ipods.
If your interested in helping me out, send an email to info@phildale.net
I'll send you a download link to my film. Then I just need you to view it on your ipod and report back how the process went...and in the process you get to see my film.

Any takers?

Thanks Beeblebrox will do.

edit* Don't think the PM thing is going to work. I have to send the link to an email address, its all tied in with the hosting server. Can you eamil me your address?

Last edited:
I've got a video iPod too... fun thing to play with.

If anyone's watched episodes of Drive Time (a popular podcast from what I understand) it originates in very close by... I've thought about applying to be a guest on the 'cast.

The video iPod is a great little toy. Getting video on it was just as easy.

In Quicktime, open your [insert generic video format here], select EXPORT TO IPOD. Yes, it's that simple.

Personally, instead of doing the export, I prefer to take a few more steps and create a new Quicktime .MOV using H.264 @256k, 128kb AAC audio, 320x240 resolution. As long as you don't add any filters (sharpening included), the quality is the same, the filesize is MUCH SMALLER and it's still viewable on the iPods.

Theoretically, since the bitrate is one third of the iPod's native .M4V (768k video, 128k AAC audio), you should get more battery life from your iPod using the recommendation above.

Can someone test this theory?

well now I know what podcast means :)

I dont own an IPOD. would like one. Waiting to see if they drop in price first. is 30 gigs enough or should I wait to get a 60?

IPOD would be easier to carry, but Im really facinated with the PSP. Maybe they will shrink and start having their own downloads. These first generation gadgets become dated so fast.

The PSP is an interesting little device - but Sony's going to have a tough time selling a proprietary format for magneto-optical discs. I've read some articles about getting video onto the PSP and it's not as simple as an iPod.

Internet access on the PSP is a little tricky, too, from what I've read.

But as you pointed out, it's a first-generation gadget.

Sony just said in a press release that since PSP movies are not selling, they're scaling back production and will sell future DVDs bundled with a PSP version in the same case.

I was always sceptical about the PSP being a "major distribution" for movies. I guess I was right.

Take a look at this link for better insight. Also, if you do a news search for "sony psp dvd" on news.google.com, you come up with a dozen or so similar stories.

Back