Horrors of War - a great film

I had the honor to be invited by SonnyBoo for his cast/crew premiere of Horrors of War in Columbus this past Saturday, although I had a shoot schedule the same weekend, I was luckily that my shoot on Saturay was done ahead of schedule that I got a chance to relax and then also got a friend (who was involved in his film) to give me ride me there to his premiere (2 hours away - although I was going to drive myself up there anyway). Then next day, rushing back to Cleveland to continue my shoot with Christine and Chandler, the producer of Rubble :) - again today's shoot was way ahead of schedule as well (we finished 1 hour early).

Anyway, I didn't expect anything from HOW because I've seen some previous footage and have thought the movie was decent. Saturday's night premiere however, the movie was GOOD and it very enjoyable (with all the final score, fx, etc into it).

So, when this movie is available to the public, go and check it out, take it for it is and you will be happy and enjoy it, it's a good independent film made with independent money! ;) Check his site out at www.sonnyboo.com

Johnny

Last edited:
The Fangoria Convention is NOT confirmed at this time. They have the screener & we are eagerly awaiting a response from Tony Timpone, the editor-in-chief to see if they will add it to their lineup of screenings for the "Weekend of Horrors" in Chicago March 4th-6th.

The cast & crew screening was a blast. I don't exactly know what people's expencations were, but it's safe to say we exceeded them in most cases. It's a fun B-movie that I hope will do well on DVD.

This screening was a real treat. Knowing the years this thing was in the making, the care with which the details were addressed by the producers and being priviledged to have been on the crew of this film, I just have to say, IT ROCKED!

Yes, it is a B movie and a true indie film. But it is really entertaining. I loved watching the reactions of the woman next to me in the theater. She was the wife of one of our extras. She gasped, covered her eyes, clutched her husband's arm, laughed (when appropriate) and basically was a great bellweather for what the 'average' audience member would think of this film.

This has the potential to be a break out piece for a few folks.
C. Alec Rossell as Mitchell just eats up the camera- and that grin!!!
Joe Lorenzo is wonderfully compelling as Russo.
Shawn Collins & Joseph Shaw's Make-up Effects were shown to great advantage.
Greg Sabo & Scott Spears (not that Mr. Spears needs a 'breakout piece'!) Cinematography was right on target.
Phil Garrett has shown himself a superior producer. He and Ross sweated blood for this thing and it shows.

AND OF COURSE, SONNYBOO himself. This is an achievement of monumental proportions. I know, WE did it, but YOU made it possible for us. Bask in the glow, Ross... Just bask for a moment...

Till you decide you want to go through it all again on the next one. :)

Thanks again for a great ride.

Here's hoping it's in Chicago for March. Barring that, in a blockbuster or hollywood video near us SOON.

Christine,

Thanks for the kind words. I wish I could have been at the screening, but alas the 2300 mile trip (one way) was a bit out of the question.

Kudos to all involved. It was a labor of love by all involved.

I look forward to seeing the final piece.

Scott

Last edited:
Back