How to get listed in iTunes?

Loud Orange Cat

Pro Member
indiePRO
Has anyone had any success getting their video listed in Apple's iTunes?

If so, what's the process? I've been skimming Apple's website for information on this for the last three days and have turned up nothing.

mrde50 said:
Has anyone had any success getting their video listed in Apple's iTunes?

If so, what's the process? I've been skimming Apple's website for information on this for the last three days and have turned up nothing.

I think they have a deal with GreenCine for indie films.
Or maybe that was just for Google Video.

Since iTunes has a deal with CDBaby, I'm hoping CDBaby will expand into DVD's..

I have discovered a way to have your films listed in iTunes and to allow you all to make money per download of your film!

I am working on it. You can see a sample mock-up by following the link in my sig. Join in the conversation and see the site so far.

One thing I'd like to ask everyone's opinion on.

First, iTunes delivered Music. It was good.
Then, iTunes dabbled in music video. Cute.
Now, iTumes successfully distributes TV shows, sometimes 24 hours before their premieres.

How long will it take before entire movies becomes part of the iTunes offering? I honestly believe it's the next logical step.
Agree? Disagree? ( Personally, I can't wait! )

I totally agree and that's why I'm doing what I'm doing... Why not have the independent movies be first to the plate!?

All of your indie flics can be up on iTunes before the big studios figure things out.

As soon as KlickTab is up and running, I want to launch IndieFlics.

Soon I'll be doing a "call for submissions" for teasers and trailers. We'll take shorts too if the filmmakers don't want to get paid from them. Then after KlickTab is integrated, we'll be able to sell the streams of shorts and features.

I'm thinking that Shorts is going to be the biggest money maker for indie filmmakers, just because the video iPod screen is so small. I don't know if I could watch that small screen for 2 hours. 30 min or less, yes. An hour, pushing it. but a short that's 30 min or less, is perfect for the video iPod.

Although iTunes and video iPod aren't the ONLY way to see a podcast, they are the most popular, and not advertising there would be foolish.

What do you all think? Do you think this is a good idea?

CootDog said:
just because the video iPod screen is so small. I don't know if I could watch that small screen for 2 hours. 30 min or less, yes. An hour, pushing it. but a short that's 30 min or less, is perfect for the video iPod.

I watch my ipod videos on my tv. Some shows on the ipod are better then what's on regular tv.

Just get yourself a RCA to mini jack cable. Plug the the mini jack into the ipod, plug the RCAs into your tv but here's the trick....the yellow plug goes into the red audio input on the tv...the red plug goes into the yellow video input on the tv...and the white plug goes into the white input on the tv. Set your ipod to "TV Out" in the video settings and your go to go. I'm sure most video ipod users know this but just incase.

Some videos don't look so hot depending on the compression but at least you can sit back and watch them on your tv.

Rick

I found a company and it was really reasonable to get my 5 music videos on ITunes but trying to communicate with them is difficult. Unlike Cdbay I can monitor my account and see how many people downloaded my music from ITunes. But Http://www.audioodyssey.org I don't even know how many of my videos been sold?

Back