So many online, so little posting.

It kind of confuses me. :huh:
There are 23 members online right now, and only 5 posts have been made today (not including this one).
Not an overly talkative bunch? :P

Well, How long did you lurk before you posted?

Plus, I'm on here quite a few times a day. I leave the page up and when I have time, I refresh for new posts. I'm sure others do the same thing so that may get the numbers to be higher than actually are physically reading posts at the time you see the number of people "online".

I also don't have time to post a response to all the posts and choose the ones I'll respond to until later, when I do have time.

There's 2 people reading this right now, a member and a guest.... Hello There!:hi:

If I leave for a day, there's usually 10-20 new posts, which is pretty incredible for a niche-based forum of indie-film!!
Not to mention, most people here (aside from being generally good people) tend to post in thier expertise and knowledge when applicable, unlike some "competing forums", where the majority of posts end up being like:

"Me 2, DUDE! I filmed up my own kilt, and I rokzors!"

So, when it comes to Indietalk, it's definitely quality over quantity. Plus, a lot of people here just recently made films (ITOOFC #4) so they're all broke, and working to save up for the next one!!

Quality vs. Quantity. This site is basically an encyclopedia/resource for filmmaking rather than a lot of chit chat posts. With that in mind, it is very active.

:)

I only answer where I feel I have something to contribute. I read everything though, several times a day. The one thing that never fails is if you ask a question and it gets read by someone with a constructive answer, they will post...it will get answered.

I agree there's definately a quality over quanity thing here, which I really like. Film making is time consuming so I like the fact that I can drop int two or three times a day, browse for stuff that's interesting to me, help where I can, learn some stuff where I can and then get back into the real world where the film making happens.

I try to post when I can but for the most part i'd rather have something tos ay than just post for the sake of numbers. That said I guess it depends on which topic are hot and which are not... I've been weeks without posting and then today logged around 30!!!!

Yeah. I noticed some days its pretty slow, other days there are tons of new posts. It's all good, though. Since I've joined, I've had no problem finding new info to read and getting great responses to any questions I have. :D

Back