Is there a database of film dialog?

I hope this makes sense. When I was younger, I remember movies that were filmed where they would use soundbytes or scenes from other movies. there was a TV show in the 90s (i forget what show, but they always used old snippets to express the actors feelings).

What I want to know, is there a public archive of all dialog from just about every movie where you could at least look up reference to a line from a certain movie or give the name and section of the script/movie. So, if you wanted to edit in a scene into your movie from another film to express yourself as they do in certain films.

Im sure in filming school there is a name for this.

are you looking for the written dialogue (ie: quotes) or sound bytes?

Both exist, but I don't think there's any central repository per-se... just search google. ;)

Will Vincent said:
are you looking for the written dialogue (ie: quotes) or sound bytes?

Both exist, but I don't think there's any central repository per-se... just search google. ;)

Yes, Like if you wanted to do a funny scene where different actors over the years say the same line like "Oh Boy"

Im sure there there has to be a computer database where someone types in "oh Boy" as a keyphrase and up comes every movie where the line "Oh Boy" is used.

Of course I dont have access to copyright movies of sound or movie clips, but for just an indie project I could just rent the movie and record it from a VHS or DVD.

King Goldfish said:
Of course I dont have access to copyright movies of sound or movie clips, but for just an indie project I could just rent the movie and record it from a VHS or DVD.

Legally speaking.. no, you can't. ;)

Will Vincent said:
Legally speaking.. no, you can't. ;)

:)

No, you cant. but im not repoducing for sale or distribution and none of you would see the work unless i wrote in and asked if I could use it in a film festival or free it publicly on the web.

:)

mrde, That place is popups from hell. My popup blocker cant even stop some of them. Everytime you click a link, its trying to sell me a virus detection program.

but thanks anyways.

King Goldfish said:
mrde, That place is popups from hell. My popup blocker cant even stop some of them. Everytime you click a link, its trying to sell me a virus detection program.
Really? I didn't get one single popup. Are you running IE or Firefox? I'm running the latter.

Sorry about that... I never got one, I didn't know. :D

mrde50 said:
Really? I didn't get one single popup. Are you running IE or Firefox? I'm running the latter.

Sorry about that... I never got one, I didn't know. :D

IE, and i have 2 popup blockers that seem to be 99% effective.

anyways, thanks !

Back