IndieFlics Discussion moved to premeire forum...

Great, I'll post a summary of what was discussed. I'm glad it's here in a more secure location.

Indie or Mods... what are the security benefits for discussing this topic in the premier forum?

what about search engine? I thought I saw in a post somewhere that premier threads are not searchable. Is that true?

Here ya go Coot (sorry, I think I made him paranoid too :P ).

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=%22Coot,+it's+a+private+forum%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Google soesn't see this thread.

this is from another thread but I think good to have here. It was posted by mr-modern-life:

"In the UK Odeon cinemas now have digital projection which they use for subtitling features. It links into the surround sound and projects on the screen..."

Indeed it did. We screened at the Odeon and the film LOOKED and SOUNDED great. It was also cheap (£250 which we more than covered with tiockey sales of over 450).

Sorry I haven't updated this thread for a while... I spent 2 weeks in Amish Country working at 3 client locations and driving through 2 show storms hitting black ice and almost totalling the car. Plus having 5 clients whos work I have to get done by the beginning of '06. I've been REALLY busy.

BUT, while I was out I happened to interview movie goers at theaters in WI, IL, and IN. I was asking the people if they watch independent films. To my surprise a lot of them said yes, via the internet. Then I asked them how THEY would like to view the films. They all said "in the theater". They all said that they would go see indie films at the theater!!

Not only is this something that WE want, it's something that the public wants!
This is very good news!

I know this is the holiday season and people are very busy, including me, but when would you like to have another chat to discuss this? This Saturday? January? when?

Let's get our films in the eyes of the public!

The local theatres around here are 'contracted' not to offer walk-up indies an opportunity to buy showings. This happened to one person I know locally, It's pretty sad.

I would honestly go to the theater more often if one would show indies. Even bad indie films. Everything here to WAY too commercialized. Can theatres really rufuse to sell showings?

Guys, check this out.

{Link removed per IndieTalk rules against promoting competing forum sites}

I don't know how many of you subscribe to this other board (not nearly as nice as this one, and the people there can get nasty), but it seems that someone is out there doing our thing. Coot, etal. Please check it out. They are doing direct dvd distribution- they even have the closest name you can get... unless, Coot- is indieflix YOU?

Last edited by a moderator:
yea I agree Will... I only went there to help out Liza Trainer.

Anyway Indieflix.com is not mine and I chose not to use the *flix so people wouln't confuse it with netflix.
This is taalking about DVD distribution.

I'm talking about cinematic distribution.

Ladies and gentlemen.. I think this needs to get started.

I want a website built to get it kick started.

I know the theatrical distribution will take a little while to get started, why not get started doing it over the net?

Podcasting is the BIG key word for this year.If we start delivering content now, the name will already be known.. People can DL a movie for $.$$ and trailers are free. Unless the filmmmaker wants their film to be free.

Your thoughts please. This suggestion could start reletively quickly. Filmmakers would get money if their film is DL and paid for.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Can I suggest that the next step might be to see who has content that they'd be interested in distributing this way.

Your whole business is going to rise or fall on the quality of the content, might not be a bad idea to see what's out there and then make a judgement about it's viability.

Personally I am currently a film maker without any films, but I am interested in the possibility of running some film showings, if the content is right.

See this idea falls into line with my onlien hub for indie film makers that I was prepping, inclduing showcases, job boards and some way of using Indie talk along side it. As I said it's just a plan but looks like we could have similar interests here.

Back