indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
You can now add your Skype ID in your profile. Good for networking with other filmmakers. Members can click the Skype button in your profile to call you.

it's still free for online to online

ebay say it as a opportunity to delve into the VoIP market, which is not a free portion of the software, but for Instant messages, and real time full duplex online vocal communication .. free (oh, and the new beta version supports video chat too.. meaning webcams)

I am, and have been for a long while, on as 'intensitymedia'

skype is an instant messaging program.. similar to MSN or AIM, etc.. but skype lets you use a headset and talk, rather than just type.. the new version has video too, but the audio version is nice for conferencing, as you can have multiple people on. It's freely available at www.skype.com.

AND, if that's not already enough, you can buy 'skype-out' credits and call regular phone numbers from the program.. anywhere in the world. AND you can get a 'skype-in' phone number so people can call IN to the program from regular phone lines. it's really pretty neat stuff, and you can't beat the price of free. :)

A nice thing about Skype is that it has incredible audio quality and it configures itself automatically to work within your network environment (you don't need to forward ports on routers, etc.).

yeah. postcount #3 :) it works pretty damn good. When you call someone, The area code says something weird like 999. I was playing around with it and called my wife, she thought it was some telemarketing scam.

Check the skype website, lol. Sorry, don't know.

Yes it is.. and yes it will.

The only part of it that's not is calling into a skype (from a land line or mobile phone) and calling out from skype (the the aforementioned land/mobile lines)

Caveat: "skypeout" is free until the end of the year ('06)

Back