tv Advice Required: Pitching To TV

Guys,

I'm looking for some advice on pitching to US TV stations for a TV series. This is something a little out of my field of expertitse and was wondering if anyone has done or looked into doing this before?

Thanks

Phil Hobden

I'm looking for some advice on pitching to US TV stations for a TV series.

I can't give you first hand experience but I can tell you that it's very different from pitching in the UK. Something I do have experience of.

I think that your first port of call is finding an American agent. I also think that you'll find the US networks need a much higher level of preparedness than UK TV pitches.

You might want to read "Conversations with my agent" By Rob Long

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0571176070/qid=1132681550/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/203-1931075-0893545

I think you'll find it an interesting insider's view of the Amercian TV industry.

You might want to look at things like Script Pimp as well. It's a site that list and gives connections to US agents and production companies.

One thing I would ask you is whether it has to be a US pitch? I only ask this because ITV is really opening the doors to new talent at the moment. If you pm me I'll give you the info you need for that.

Back