• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Scarred for Life"

[WM]http://www.earthpulsemovie.com/Doc/ScarredSMALL.wmv[/WM]

I don't know why I didn't put this up here before!

This is a Doc I did last year. It is of a soldier that was in Iraq. He flew home for his 15 day R&R. I flew out to CA and interviewed him for over an hour. I had to cut it down to 5 min for a contest I was entering.
It was entered in the Chicago Realy Short Film Festival last year and yesterday I was interviewed discussing "Scarred for Life"

Please let me know what you think!:D

I'm not sure what that means either, but I'd like to know so I can start using it in everyday conversation...eventually it'll make it's way to hollywood as a common term, then WV will have an easier time being noticed by the big guns! It's all for you will, really!

I liked it a lot, Coot. It's a pretty premise, but it's easy to follow and drives the points home. Also, it doesn't get too political- it just stays with the one soldier, which is really good.

Very enjoyable!

Yes there was a lot of political stuff mentioned but I wanted to keep it at the soldiers story of what it's like to live there. The things that the news never reported. The only thing the news reports on is how many people died or were injured, not how the soldiers are dealing with the place or how they live.

I was interviewed last Friday for this Doc. Check out the audio version here: http://maia-entertainment.com/v-web/wordpress/

You can subscribe to the podcast and download "Scarred for Life" formatted for iTunes and/or video iPod.

The audio interview is MP3.

and YES I plugged this site, SonnyBoo.com, StickToWhatYouKnow.com, DankMobb.com, and my new and developing site, UnderpaidMonkey.com.

Perhaps I just missed it, but how does the title "Scarred for Life" apply to the doc?

He didn't seem particularly scarred- tired yes- but I didn't feel the angst that the title forshadows.

Great camera work, particularly on the photos. Loved the movement.

CootDog said:
I'm not sure what that means? What is "doing a Will Vincent"?

Doing a Will Vincent is running with camera in hand trying to get a "running dolly shot" if you will....tripping, and going to the hospital to get stitched up. There was video posted here some time ago by the man himself...pretty funny stuff. :P

You know I liked the movie Cootdog.

Rick

OH Yea! I remember that video!!! LOL I forgot that was Will...

About naming it "Scarred for Life"... At the end he was asked by my sister, which you don't hear, "So are you scarred for life?" and he says, which you DO hear: "Am I scarred for life?"... "Yes. hahahahaha"

Hey coot. Nice video. i saw this before. How is Carlos doing. Is he back for good or is he like one of the many who have to serve a 3rd tour?

I've never been in the Military so I wont try and secon guess the bullshit these guys have to put up with. But im sure its hell and though I may not support the ideas of this war anymore, I support the troops.

I see it was filmed in Antioch in your credits. I dont know the school that is listed since im fairly new to Antioch (Even though collectivly I have lived here 4 years from a previous address). Looks like 18th near Foster or Dairy Queen.

Btw, I just go ahead and ask you here. Do you know where "Jims Place" is in Black Diamond? I cant find the dang cave with the stove and furniture that he was said to live in. I think I showed you this video before where I hiked around the park.

http://www.paskday.com/1/coy.wmv

You can see some of the exaust tunnles out in the woods. But none of them was "Jims Place"
Maybe it was closer towards Pittsburg near Railroad?

Thanks King.

Carlos is doing well.
Many things have been happening in his life. Some of you may know that I got him on the front cover of HighTimes magazine as well as a 3 page spread. Because of that, the Army basically said he had to stay in for another year. He went down to New Orleans for a couple months to help out after Katrina.

Since he's been back he has recorded two albums and is working on another right now. You can download the albums for free from his website http://dankmobb.com

Kimball school is off of 13th street on Agusta, I believe. It's inbetween Marie Ave and A Street. Marie Ave (my mom lives on Marie Ave), is across the street from Pinky's Klassy Kar Wash, on 18th... You were thinking of the right area. In fact, if you know where the Holy Rosary church is, on A Street, Kimball School is right behind it.

I don't know "Jim's Place". I know there's some places that are barred off. When I was in Jr. High, some kids went into the mine, don't know which one, but they all died. You never know.

I just did a search and found a map with Jim's place on it: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/black.htm#Map It's #2--"JIM'S PLACE": This little underground dwelling is of unknown origin. Notice the square skylight, round stovepipe hole, and shelf opening.

If you find it, you've gotta post up footage.

CootDog said:
Thanks King.

Carlos is doing well.
Many things have been happening in his life. Some of you may know that I got him on the front cover of HighTimes magazine as well as a 3 page spread. Because of that, the Army basically said he had to stay in for another year. He went down to New Orleans for a couple months to help out after Katrina.

Since he's been back he has recorded two albums and is working on another right now. You can download the albums for free from his website http://dankmobb.com

Kimball school is off of 13th street on Agusta, I believe. It's inbetween Marie Ave and A Street. Marie Ave (my mom lives on Marie Ave), is across the street from Pinky's Klassy Kar Wash, on 18th... You were thinking of the right area. In fact, if you know where the Holy Rosary church is, on A Street, Kimball School is right behind it.

I don't know "Jim's Place". I know there's some places that are barred off. When I was in Jr. High, some kids went into the mine, don't know which one, but they all died. You never know.

I just did a search and found a map with Jim's place on it: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/black.htm#Map It's #2--"JIM'S PLACE": This little underground dwelling is of unknown origin. Notice the square skylight, round stovepipe hole, and shelf opening.

If you find it, you've gotta post up footage.

I have that map. and seen the pdf one. But it gets real confusing at the end. There was a trail that forks off into 3 not 2. Its the farthest you can go back in the diamond mines region before ending up in pittsburg. you can actually hear the cars coming down Railroad avenue from Ygnacio.

I have to get back into shape and hike it again before summer hits. I went in late winter or early spring last year and it was maybe 68-70 degrees but when you hike up and down hills, it feels like 110 in 90% humidity. Its a killer if you're not a big hiker.

It snowed on Mt Diablo this weekend and some of the higher hills had a dusting of snow. I went last saturday and hiked up the eastern part of the park but forgot my camera (which i almost never do) it would have been a great day for photos.

Ill check out carlos music. Good luck to him and you.

Thanks for the download link. Great video!

Now I feel as if I know one more person over there...

I'm just glad he didn't mention the camel spiders. I saw a similar doc in which a soldier mentioned them, then the filmmaker intercut some footage of the spiders taking down a camel! No kidding! It was so disgusting, I stopped the video and didn't watch the rest.

[Arachnophobic]

While Carlos was in Iraq, he and some of the others recorded an album called "Iraqnaphobia".
If you went to his site you could order that album or, like I mentioned earlier you can download his other two albums. That is, if it's your kind of music.

Back