Krasnogorsk 3 16mm?

Maybe I should have posted this question to you Gurus BEFORE paying for this camera, but it's mine now, so I'm asking...

I just bought a Krasnogorsk 16mm (apparently in mint condish with English Manual). I won it on Ebay for 76.00.

Tell me oh dearest Gurus, was this a good choice of camera? And price wise, how did I do?

Thanks

S

Firstly, you should trying searching: http://www.indietalk.com/search.php?searchid=46220

Second, it depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to make sound synch feature films, no, its probably not a great choice.

I just shot a short silent film on 7265 with the K3, Im going to seattle to supervise the telecine on Monday. I love my little K3, the test reels Ive shot have looked wonderful, but the 100' loads means you only get 2:40 or so of usable film and it is a noisy little girl... It also doesnt have every ASA to choose from in the dials (I had 7265 which is 100ASA but it only has a slot for 90), but everything else is great. Easy to use. Get some heavy duty sticks though.

Oops. sorry about that. ;/ I'll do better search next time.

Thanks for the info. my intention of course was to shoot only silent, just to get used to the camera. But eventually I'd like to include audio as well. I have the equipment for audio, but have never had to sync the audio and video together. Good practice for me I guess.

S

Well Tobin makes synch motors for the k3 for $500 + you need to have them installed or DIY. She'll still be noisy so you'll need to blimp the camera. Otherwise in post, you CAN synch up the hand wind k3 with digitally recorded sound but it is a real big PITA. I have done this. On a test reel you might try it out.

Yes, a friend just mentioned that same concept to me on msn.

I want to try a number of things actually, classic style "silent era" with storyboards, adding audio from a boom-mic direct into an audio processor (this prolly sounds unrealistic to you guys), and editing in post via the hand crank.

S

Back