Marilyn Monroe – Suicide or Cover-up?

I just finished reading an article on Marilyn's death (this month's Playboy mag...which also has a great interview with Pacino and another good read on Super Bowl tix bookies.) I'm not an expert (although I admit to being a Forensic Files junkie), there were a few points that the article brought up that really make me wonder how it could have been classified as an "apparent suicide" and not further investigated as a murder. Though this might be fun to discuss...as I'm sure everyone has an opinion on theory. Feel free to add your thoughts:

1) Her house was completely bugged, under 24/7 surveillance from all sorts of people (FBI, CIA, Hoffa, etc.) So how could no one have heard, or even better, had a tape of what happened that night?

2) The autopsy report was compromised, with a majority of the substances reported "missing"...including that from her stomach (her death, they say, was caused from taking 30-40 pills...but how could that be confirmed without proper testing?)

3) She was planning to re-marry Joe DiMaggio (according to his niece), so the idea of killing herself (and not really leaving a note, or calling him) doesn’t seem to really make sense to me.

Mike

It was classified as "apparent suicide" because the CIA did the deed to protect the honor of the President. They only allowed certain evidence to be revealed pointing it all to her as the deed do-er.

Will Vincent said:
File a request for documents and get all the info about it by way of the 'freedom of information act'

...and then send a thank you note to Oliver Stone for being able to do that.;)

In her last days, she was known to drink alot and take pills. If I remember correctly, She had a near overdose experience a few months prior. The ambulence were called out to her house. Kind of like Kurt Cobain. Of course she wasnt trying to kill herself like kurt.

as you get older, your metabalism slows down. You dont get the affect right away as you do when you're younger. The drugs sort of sneak up on you. Sometimes taking hours to kick in. mixing that with alcohol was a certain recipe for death. I dont think anyone forced drugs into her. I also remember seeing a medical documentary show proving she did digest the amount of narcotics as was said.

But, I guess only God himself knows for sure. It is weird that She, JFK and Robert Kennedy all died. Along with the guy who shot LHO. didnt get a open trial or anything. they executed him right away. Which seems strange since he killed the guy who killed the president which more then likely he should have been tried for manslaughter. Since he didnt preplan the shooting. He basically snapped.

I think the fact that most conspiracy theorists point out is that her death was suspicious. The conditions and coincidences that coincided with her death were fishy to say the least. It is easy to fake a false overdose because she had one recently. Any smart person set on killing another person, especially an organization like the CIA would have the foresight to use this as a proper cover story.

Any number of things could have happened. And any number of people could have been responsible. Those days (even though I did not live in them) were days of unrest and corruption. Those elements still exist today, but the corruption is in the shadows and people are not as brass as they used to be. Though the current administration is breaking from that mold and are getting pretty bold.

Whatever the case is no one will know, atleast not for a VERY long time.

Back