• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Thoughts On A Music Video...

I watched it and I liked the different colors you went with. B/W before/after the show, and color durring.

Did you have multiple cams, or did you shoot it multiple times?

Cheers. We shot it live with 3 cameras. Originally teh director didnt want to put in the back stage stuff but I insisted as it kinda looked dull without. Glad you like!

Great work Phil - good work on the camera movements - for my money I would have liked to see more of the B/W backstage stuff and less color on stage footage - but I'm guessing the band probably didn't feel that way. Keep up the good work. I'm glad you were persistent on the B/W footage - without it I don't think it would have flowed at all.

Yeah we had a very limited set up time for the behind the scenes stuff which we had to shoot on the fly. To be honest we were late to the gig (sat nav not always a good thing), the singer was ill... so were lucky to get what we did!!!

Ha! Always fun...

I've never been a fan of the "live performance" genre of music videos. I realize that there are specific reasons they exist - show the band, show the spirit at the shows, show theband's followers, etc. - but I've just never been a fan.

That being said, I like how there aren't two or three set camera angles in this one, as is usually the case. You got plenty of coverage and that's a good thing. Did you have one stationary and two movers? Did you shoot one set or multiple sets? It's well done and I am sure the band is happy with it.

I also like the backstage stuff, it gives the band more face time while at the same time showing us that they are having fun doing what they like to do.

Poke

Back