Audtions?! Where to hold

Okay im making a horror movie & plan on holding adutions for it but i dont know where to...so if anyone has in recomendations thanks?! I was thinking about school auditorium but iunno if they would let me or not. Also i wanted to print flyers with my number on them & post them around school[or maybe just date of them] i plan on holding them one week form sat. is this a good idea to get ppl?! I jus want ppl my age 13-about 16 maybe older if they look younger. Whats do yalls think?!

-Sk

You can ask the school and they may let you do it with staff supervision. Other options would be church community rooms, public libraries usually have meeting rooms that they might let you use, if worse comes to worst, you can always do it at your house.

I find the best thing to do is to schedule individual times for people (alotting about 15-20 minutes for each) so that you don't have too many people milling around. Also, it's very helpful to videotape the auditions and make your selections after reviewing the tape. More often than not people who you had a great impression of during the audition don't look as convincing on tape as those who you may have been iffy on.

Hope that helps a bit. It's great to see that someone your age is taking the time to audition people rather than just handing roles out to friends! Get the word out there about the audition as soon as possible, with contact info -- either a phone number or email address -- so you can start getting audition times scheduled. Also you might consider posting on craigslist.com and/or mandy.com I've always gotten good response from my online casting calls using those and a few other local (to me in Minnesota) websites.

Good luck, and let us know if you need more help and how it works out!

thanks! in the short time ive been here these forums have become very helpful!! I will checkk into it tom!!

-Sk

EDIT
This mite seem very idiotic of me...but umm....where do i go on those sites?! Im kinda lost!!

-Sl<

Last edited:
I started by picking a topic that interested me and letting it take me where it would...then always checking the new posts every day. If I had a specific question, I would search to see if anyone had asked it before, if I found nothing (whether or not it had been covered before), I would ask. Answers were always forthcoming. It's a very large forum, but they're relatively well organized. And they preen them several times a day to keep them tidy.

As for the where to hold the auditions, call and ask all of the places mentioned, "The worst that can happen is they can say no". That's a very common quote from my dad...said it all the time, as usual, he was right...I've got so much cool stuff just by asking.

I held my audition at the local liberay in one of there media rooms. They are very friendly and it's a good, quite, public place to audition hopeful actors/actresses. :) Hope that helps you out.

I would ask the dept. head of the drama dept. in your school to help you. He/she can let the actors know of the production, and you can probably use the space for auditions. Who knows, he/she may even make it part of the class and let you hold audtions during school.

Just be sure you don't hold it in a private location or at your house. 2 good reasons you want to be sure that should any false or liabilus claims arise you are 101% safe and secondly if you don't take them on you really don't wnat them knowing where you live (I made that mistake once and was stalked for some time!)

Phil Hobden
-- Modern Life?--
link removed

I vote for the library too. I went up to them and told them exactly what I needed and they were all very helpful. It's centrally located and public so everybody feels comfortable. I like the schedule idea and I'm in favor of having the talent wait around for ten to fifteen minutes so they can get a side and study their lines. Do not have everyone pile up at the door for the first audition, space them out. Instead of having auditions at 7PM, have 15 minutes slots available. That way you don't get this big bottle neck at the beginning.

I can actually detail the steps I take for auditions that run smoothly and even receive compliments on their 'professionalism' from the auditioning actors, but I'll post a seperate thread.

okay PM me the linky to that thread!!! =] okay well i talked to my asst principle today (and suprisingy) she said yes as long as i have adult supervision!! so should i stick with this or the library idea?! I might tell the lib that the will be included in the credits. I'll call the lib tommarow to see what they say! Hopefully yes but if not i got the lib!! Yea i like the idea of them waiting too that so no rush! But ill wait on callin lib to see what yall say. Also i made some flyers ima hang around the MS & HS is this a good idea?!

-Sk

ookay well i didnt have time to contact lib today & bc im getting a cold :/ so ill ask my grandmother or mom to do it for me tomarrow. & i tired out the craigslistings & mandy.com & well there wonderful!! Like 7 people have emailed me wanting audtions & i just posted a lisiting for craigs & all ready got one! So thanks guys

-Sk

Back