Posting To Screening Room

Help!

I don't know how to do this! I don't have a weblink to the file. I have it on a cd-rom. Can I still post it? HELPPPP!

Hi Lilith,

It is recommended that you find a web host that will store your file for you online, so that you may link to it from the screening room. If you do not have a web host, you can look into upgrading your IndieTalk membership to the Premiere Plus or Premiere Pro levels. These levels include some storage space at IndieTalk as part of the package. But, depending on the size of the movie you want to upload, you may need more space than these higher membership levels allow. If so, then you definitely need to look for a web host.

I run my website through a web host service that charges $29.94 every 6 months ($4.99/mo). If you want more details on that, send me a private message. You may also find movie sites that will host short movies for a fee. Try searching for movie hosting.

Hope that helps.

Let me know the size of your file. I might be able to host it on one of my sites.

The Premiere Plus or Premier Pro levels of IndieTalk sound good too.

btw- I am severely tech handicapped. I don't know anything about computers. I can use programs proficiently, but I am NOT a techie. :)

I'll create the space and give you access to it. You'll have to upload your file using an FTP program. Filezilla is free and that's what I use. Do a Google search on it and you'll see it.

I'm working on a new website where people won't have to have an FTP program but for now, you'll need to upload it via FTP.

Back