Adobe Premiere V1.5 Pro Vs. Window Movie Maker

Hey

Just curious how the Premiere V1.5 Pro compares to Window's Movie Maker, which came on my system.

I'm sure it's better, just curious if anyone knows some of the specifics as to how it's different.

Also, is Premiere a pretty good one to get?

Thanks

Dark

Lots of opinions about Movie Maker, Premiere, Final Cut, Vegas, Pinnacle, etc. have been posted in other threads -- you should try doing a search of the forums for any one of these products to see what has already been said.

But I'm sure others will respond here as well. Good luck!

Premiere Pro is MUCH more powerful than WMM. If WMM works for you though don't bother spending the extra money.

You have lots more control and a greater variety of tools.

I've used both, for beginnners, go with windows movie maker, it's decent! it can cut, edit and get you something going, and yes, you can edit a good nice movie with it.

Now you want something more powerful, then move to premiere pro or vegas, and between movie maker and premiere, you can also try those basic editing software from Main Concept, Ulead, etc.

If you are new, learn the basic on NLE with movie maker first, then slowly grow up

Johnny Wu

Im assuming there is a "Movie Maker" pro that will convert media files into all formats. But the one that comes with XP only saves in WMV format (That I know of).

Although its pretty cool to use if you just want to make a little animation or movie file to send to someone over the Internet. I know the Movie Maker Basic only renders 320x240.

But if their is a pro (Which I believer there is) then Im sure its pretty decent. I love the basics FX. it comes with some cool little drop and load FX.

But as was mentioned above. Comparing Adobe Premier to MM is like comparing a goldfish to a shark. Adobe is in a class by itself. Its the PC equivalent to Macs FCP.

Vegas is like Adobe but much cheaper and easier to use. Like MM, it has drop and load effects and you can layer them.

Back