New DVX100...

Are you sure there is a DVX100B? I have the DVX 100A and that was the model that came after the DVX 100.

I know that Panasonic is releasing the HVX100A. Is that what you are referring to?

The "B" model has the following new features (besides the new black exterior):

• 16:9 Aspect Display Mode on EVF and LCD for distortion free Squeeze Mode or Anamorphic Display
  • Higher resolution 235,000 pixel .44-inch BW/color switchable electronic viewfinder (EVF) with superimposed audio metering
  • Higher resolution 210,000 pixel flip-out 270 degree 3.5" LCD display with superimposed audio metering
  • Remote focus and iris control with optional VariZoom controller(s) and others
  • LCD panel has a bit of a break-away beyond the 90 degree point
  • Single Button Display Character Off for LCD and EVF
  • What you see is what you get on LCD and EVF
  • Scene files transfer over FireWire
  • Time code transfers over Firewire

Here's the link from Panasonic: http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webap...14571&modelNo=AG-DVX100B&surfModel=AG-DVX100B

And it's the same price!

So is the HVX200 going to help people get a more 35mm look to it? Will it be closer to true film look (at least on a small screen)?

The HVX will be a high definition camera that will record DVCpro50 and DVCproHD (720p, 1080i, 1080p). Film look is, of course, quite subjective. :) Any camera can give you a good filmish look if you know what you are doing. Basically the HVX is the DVX on steroids. It includes the same image settings. The best part about the HVX is that is will do true 1080p and DVCpro50 and HD are both 4:2:2 formats. That means they have twice as much color information per square area than DV or HDV.

Already spent my monies. Im learning to tweak my HD1 JVC . Outside its very bright. Inside, without good lighting there is alot of light grain.

It's stilla beautiful camera. My wife and I watched our kids on it and its very crisp on our small 27 HDTV. I doubt it would look good on a projector though. Or not much difference. Never tried it.

Anyways, HD is the wave of the future and soon camcorders with 3CCD and HD quality (Without all the bells and whistles ) will be under 1000 bucks in the next 3 years. There is already a 1600 dollar HD camcorder at bestbuys. Its a single chip but its just a matter of time.

Back