• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Audio out of Sync

Hey

My first Short Film was shot on Hi-8 Video, and then transferred into a VAIO Computer where it was then converted to Digital for Editing purposes.

I lost the computer that it was saved on, so I made copies onto CD's... The CD's will play on a Computer, as well as a DVD Player... However, recently I tried to burn it from CD onto a DVD on my new VAIO, and for some reason, the Audio is out of Sync.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any insite on this. CD is the only way that the Film (Edited that is) is availble for copying.

Dark-

Last edited:
did you check to see if the audio was also out of sync with the original file you have on CD? see if that's the case. the other thing is was it saved on CD as mpeg1 or mpeg2?

Test the same dvd on a regular dvd player instead of the computer, to make sure it's not the dvd drive on your computer that is 'accessing' information slowly.

The Audio is fine on the CD, and when the CD is played on the DVD Player.

As far as the MPEG, the File Type says Movie Clip, and has the little Window's Media Player Emblem around it...

It doesn't indicate if what kind of MPEG File it is. Does the Media Player create it's own type of file?

The DVD copy is out of Sync on the Computer, and in our DVD Player.

Back