Money

Hey all i was just wondering, have any of you guys ever made any money from you films? I mean dont get me wrong dudes i make films cause i love it not cause i want to be a millionaire or something, but i was just wondering.

J

I haven't yet, but I am doing the shorts as a calling card. Within 5 years I want to open a Visual Effects Studio and this will help me get the publiciity and contacts to get there.
If I do great VFX and people see it, then the more shorts I do and send to fests the more my name is out. Then people will want me to do some VFX shots for them and so on.
It's all part of a ladder and it's part of taking the next step up to your goals.
I don't plan on making money from the shorts. Maybe the feature scripts that the shorts derived from, but not the shorts themselves.

I just made a short for less than $200 and plan on sending it around the festival circuit. We'll see how that goes. There are a couple VFX shots in it.

I have. Not a millionare, not even close. I make films for the money. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but I'm in it for the money.

Back