music video with vegas?or pinnacle?

Hey gang,anyone ever put together a music video with vegas or pinnacle?By music video I mean MTV/VH1 with good audio video sync.My son and his band have "requested my services"do to my prestige as a film maker and also I am the only person in their universe they know with a media tolerant pc.

Are you shooting in film? MTV quality, you should shoot in film, and not worry to much about the editing system.

There ya go.. shoot it on super8 :) You have said you wanted to get into super8, so here's a good chance to do it.

As long as you slate every shot, and have the recording of the music playing back from something at a constant rate (ie: CD, DAT, MiniDisc or similar) you should be fine. You'll have to slide the video around to get it to match up perfectly, and if you're using a non-crystal sync camera (most likely you are if you shoot super 8, not an issue if you shoot dv) you'll want to avoid longish takes, but most music videos use lots of shorter takes anyway. I guess it would all depend on the kind of music and such.

But the short answer is, yes it can be done quite easily, and it is (I find) often easier to cut 'to the audio' rather than the other way around (project depending of course)... a music video is a pretty good way to work on editing skills because you don't have to worry so much about the audio, as it would already be recorded, it's just making the picture work with the music.

Wow, to cool guys.Believe it or not Im following what your saying and appreciate you remembering me in a former thread when I was a newbie.Now that my battery is charged and I have a successful capture under my belt there is no stopping me.BUT,slate?chrystal?What are these things you speak of?I get the feeling Im a bum in the ballroom dance.Perhaps I should leave my mailing address over on newbie ave. for a while.On a brighter note someone was promoted to staff sergeant today!(me)yay.I have uniforms and what not hanging around(reservist)maybe I could write a short war story or a super 8 military cinema blockbustin chrystal,full slated cam,silly nuts band of bros thing or something.By the way,I have a wierd thing for teenage tragedy films of my child hood like matt dillon,over the edge or rumble fish maybe?Course these are future thoughts and I guess this belongs in another thread.

airbayforce said:
Hey gang,anyone ever put together a music video with vegas or pinnacle?By music video I mean MTV/VH1 with good audio video sync.My son and his band have "requested my services"do to my prestige as a film maker and also I am the only person in their universe they know with a media tolerant pc.

Shoot on Mini-DV and make it in Vegas. The easiest way to make videos is with Movie Maker 2.1, but Vegas has a lot of power; Pinnacle is a little bit too problematic.

Back